Ebay guy says this D 915 goes to 4.5Ghz on stock cooler

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I saw this ebay add for a Pentium D 915 that is supposed to go 4.5Ghz and asked what cooler and motherboard he used for 4.5Ghz. Here is the link and his cut/paste responce to me.
Here is his add:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190024126711&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&rd=1

When asked about hardware this was his responce to me.

Thank you for the interest. This processor was clocked at 4.5GHz and was stable. The cooling device was the standard heatsink/fan that comes with it. There are more factors than just motherboard and cooling that will take it this speed. The RAM must be able to keep up as well. We are very serious about this.

AAAHAHAHAHAH 4.5Ghz on stock...hehe 4.5 Ghz on stock cooler...YEA RIGHT!!! I will responde back to him with a link to this thread so make sure we all let him know what we think about that possibility.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
You could probably hit 4GHz on the stock cooler with AS5, and it would probably be Prime-stable. But you'll need a miracle to hit 4.5GHz on stock cooling. I know that a couple people on the forumz have D915/920s running at 4+Ghz on air, but not on stock cooling.

Also, I wouldn't buy a CPU that's been overclocked to 4GHz.

kornyman

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
ROFLMFAO!!!!

Quote from his add:
"Brand NEW Sealed Retail box w/Heatsink and Fan!"

Then if you look at the picture closely, you can see the piece of scotch tape holing the box closed.

Piece of $*&%^ scammer, get a life.

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
If he know that this processor run in 4.5GHz, why he still saying it's a brand new processor ?

Stock HSF for 4.5GHz ? damn...i think he is living in North pole or south pole or his room is filled with liquid nitrogen. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I'm laughing soooo hard at the scotch tape on the box.
Poor idiot bought his 905.
Mebe had it overclocked to 4.5
It's a miracle if he had it on stock but if so I wouldn't buy it for $30.
He's probably selling his old or more likely recently bought PentD bc he wants a conroe and realized he bought the wrong thing.
Hopefully he gets a conscience and or feels even dumber for trying to dupe people/being OC ignorant.

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Then if you look at the picture closely, you can see the piece of scotch tape holing the box closed.

I think that is infact the security seal tape from the manufacturer. Not scotch tape. Even Newegg has same stock photo. He probably got the photo from newegg.

Im waiting for wussy to reply hes always got the scoop on it.

Trippynet

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Another thing that's suspect, he goes on and on about his amazing feedback, yet his ID is "safersellers" with a feedback rating of 2, yet he links in his advert to the ID "saferseller" who has a much larger feedback rating.

That's got to be against eBay rules as he's clearly lying and trying to deceive people.

Edit: Plus he goes on about being this big Titanium Power Seller etc.

I've reported him to eBay as he's obviously taking the piss with this.

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Well if his 915's are good, I will assume they are, He sold his last one for $102 + shipping. I cant fault the guy for that. I'd buy one for that much. I may buy one anyways.

I also sent "safeseller a message to find out if they are in fact the same person. If they are then kewl I will buy one maybe. but if hes not the same person, just riding omn his reputation then the jig is up myfriend.

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
Thank you for doing what you can to help clean up eBay. My college roommate and I got scammed on a DVD box set which said it was "authentic". Of course some how or another Paypal/eBay wound up doing nothing about it even though we sent them several of the "authentic" DVDs which simply would not play on anything. Several more of the discs would only play on my Plextor and not on my laptop or my roommate's Lite-On DVD+/-RW. Also, the discs were single rather than dual layer (so the quality was pretty bad) and there was oriental writing all over the discs. It would have been a good deal had the discs been authentic, but for not too much more I could have gotten the box set from a reputable dealer and saved some money and hastle.

-mcg

microgiant

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Ebay is trying to clean up its reputation. In the meantime they raised there service fees and alienated a bunch of there sellers. I rarely find good deals there anymore. Often people are bidding items up to what I could get them for new from a reputable dealer.

foshizzle

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
Yea, eBay just isn't what it once was. I rarely find a good deal on there anymore. You can still find lots of fair deals, but nothing like it used to be.

I don't like selling on there anymore because the fees are so friggin high. I'd rather to sell it to someone local and get to keep 100% of what I make. I wouldn't mind paying up to MAYBE 5% (including PayPal fees). But when you factor in listing fees, final value fees, then PayPal fees you're often paying about 10% commission to eBay.

On topic though, there's no way this thing goes to 4.5Ghz on stock cooling.
Too many stupid scammers on eBay these days. It's a real shame.

rva

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Man, you guys or, actually some of you guys, are bashers! I'm the seller and we cancelled it because of all the questions on weather it was real, sealed or scotch taped, and weather we actually tested it.... Bottom line; this baby is new, sealed, and does NOT have any scotch tape on it! We have a few in stock, and will actually deliver this as stated! Now, for the over clocking.... It's common knowledge that this chip has excellent Over clocking Ability, and rumor has it that you can over clock Intel 915's to over 4 GHz! Of course, this is not tested or recommended by us, as it will void your warranty.... but, for the daring it could be a lot of fun to try! I actually have this exact chip in my machine as I write this and it is running VERY cool and faster than it should. We have ended the 1st auction and corrected the text in the new one, and if the winner has an account here I will ship it for free at the winning bid! I'm a straight up guy and this offer is real! Here is the new auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190026306360

Go for it!

rva

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
I guess you missed the reply above:

Man, you guys or, actually some of you guys, are bashers! I'm the seller and we cancelled it because of all the questions on weather it was real, sealed or scotch taped, and weather we actually tested it.... Bottom line; this baby is new, sealed, and does NOT have any scotch tape on it! We have a few in stock, and will actually deliver this as stated! Now, for the over clocking.... It's common knowledge that this chip has excellent Over clocking Ability, and rumor has it that you can over clock Intel 915's to over 4 GHz! Of course, this is not tested or recommended by us, as it will void your warranty.... but, for the daring it could be a lot of fun to try! I actually have this exact chip in my machine as I write this and it is running VERY cool and faster than it should. We have ended the 1st auction and corrected the text in the new one, and if the winner has an account here I will ship it for free at the winning bid! I'm a straight up guy and this offer is real! Here is the new auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190026306360

PM me if you need more info...

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006

Hi,
I am a student and I like that CPU. I have no money to buy it, so this is an excellent oportunity for people like me. I will create an account on eBay and i will offer the most and get that nice CPU for free.
Dude, are you sure?

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Thank You for reposting/fixing your auction.

Yes you can to 4.0 ghz.
My friend had his D805 to 4 ghz( Well 3.8 ). *edit* 8 ) = 8) lol.
However he used watercooling.
Not on air tho.
That was what had us steemed.
I suppose that might be stock seal but it looks soooo much like scotch tape.
I wonder if the new picture on Newegg etc could be scotch taped and just never noticed heh.

Still wonder about the saferseller vrs safersellers thing though...

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I kinda feel bad about opening that can of whuparse. But when a crew of L337 clockers like this sees a claim like that.. well you know its going to stir up the hornets nest real fast. As for myself I figured your product was legit. But thruth in advertising will get checkity checked. I may still bid on it.

So are you infact the same person as safeseller without the S that your feedback link points too. Cause he has the same claim/add and we might have to check his butt too...hehe

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006

Hi,
I am a student and I like that CPU. I have no money to buy it, so this is an excellent oportunity for people like me. I will create an account on eBay and i will offer the most and get that nice CPU for free.
Dude, are you sure?

Im pretty sure he meant free shipping. Not free CPU.