Dell Axim X30 - serial sync cable available ??

January 9, 2005 4:27:51 AM

I would like to buy the X30 but need to connect it to the docking
stations serial port of my company laptop (Dell lattitude D600) as it
runs on Windows NT - SP6. There is some usb support added added to NT
by Dell but I am unsure that it will be able to recognise the X30. I
have looked on the net for UK availability but cannot find anything. I
would phone Dell Sales line but they are currently closed. Does anyone
know the answer ??
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 4:41:55 PM

On 9 Jan 2005 01:27:51 -0800, bas alberink wrote:

> I would like to buy the X30 but need to connect it to the docking
> stations serial port of my company laptop (Dell lattitude D600) as it
> runs on Windows NT - SP6. There is some usb support added added to NT
> by Dell but I am unsure that it will be able to recognise the X30. I
> have looked on the net for UK availability but cannot find anything. I
> would phone Dell Sales line but they are currently closed. Does anyone
> know the answer ??

Serial to USB converters are readily available. I don't know if any work
with NT-SP6 though.
!