sharing vs licenses

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

OS: windows 2000 PROFESSIONAL

we would like to have an office file server to share files
across about 25 machines. there are no applications on
the server, just files. i seem to run into a limit of 10
connections. is there anything i can do with PROFESSIONAL
(but new licenses, change a flag, etc...) or do i HAVE to
buy server? thank you.

You have to buy server. There is a hard coded limit of 10 connections in
Pro/XP.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+