folder views resetting Windows 2000

Individual folders will not hold their individual views.
They reset to the default the next time the folder is
opened. I found a fix for this for XP, but the referenced
registry keys do not exist in Windows 2000. I have seen
others on the internet also asking about this one. Is
there a fix?

Thanks,
Bill Allen

steve