Closed

Disable buttons Ipaq 5455??

January 9, 2005 5:26:10 AM

How do I disable the volume record button on the left side of my HP
Ipaq 5455 so that when its off I don't accidently hit it and turn it
on. I notice that whenever I hit any of the front buttons when in off
mode unit turns on. Adds to using up battery fast if accidentally
pressed while off. I tried going to settings then buttons and putting
none for the programs associated with the buttons but that does not
work. I distintly remember seeing something that tells you how to
disable any of the buttons exept the power of course, when unit is
off.

TIA
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 5:45:01 AM

Down at the bottom of the buttons screen you just mentioned, I have three
option buttons that I can pick, the default is obviously "Program Buttons",
then there is "UpDown Control", then there is "Lock". The "Lock" one is what
you are looking for I think, just put in a checkmark in both boxes concerning
locking the buttons. I'm running with an ipaq 5555 windows mobile 2003. If
you are running the same version of WCE, you should see the same thing. Hope
this helps.

Lonnie

"lightening@wolf.com" wrote:

> How do I disable the volume record button on the left side of my HP
> Ipaq 5455 so that when its off I don't accidently hit it and turn it
> on. I notice that whenever I hit any of the front buttons when in off
> mode unit turns on. Adds to using up battery fast if accidentally
> pressed while off. I tried going to settings then buttons and putting
> none for the programs associated with the buttons but that does not
> work. I distintly remember seeing something that tells you how to
> disable any of the buttons exept the power of course, when unit is
> off.
>
> TIA

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 2:24:07 AM

follow this link and download the file there...

http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/cestuff.html

the description is as follows:

An app that does nothing, to disable hardware buttons.

it is what I use.

the file itself is a 4kb file

"Lonnie" <Lonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Down at the bottom of the buttons screen you just mentioned, I have three
> option buttons that I can pick, the default is obviously "Program
> Buttons",
> then there is "UpDown Control", then there is "Lock". The "Lock" one is
> what
> you are looking for I think, just put in a checkmark in both boxes
> concerning
> locking the buttons. I'm running with an ipaq 5555 windows mobile 2003.
> If
> you are running the same version of WCE, you should see the same thing.
> Hope
> this helps.
>
> Lonnie
>

> "lightening@wolf.com" wrote:
>
>> How do I disable the volume record button on the left side of my HP
>> Ipaq 5455 so that when its off I don't accidently hit it and turn it
>> on. I notice that whenever I hit any of the front buttons when in off
>> mode unit turns on. Adds to using up battery fast if accidentally
>> pressed while off. I tried going to settings then buttons and putting
>> none for the programs associated with the buttons but that does not
>> work. I distintly remember seeing something that tells you how to
>> disable any of the buttons exept the power of course, when unit is
>> off.
>>
>> TIA

Related resources
January 10, 2005 2:54:22 AM

Thanks a million that's exactly what I was looking for!! Knew I had
seen it but did not know where!!

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 02:45:01 -0800, Lonnie
<Lonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Down at the bottom of the buttons screen you just mentioned, I have three
>option buttons that I can pick, the default is obviously "Program Buttons",
>then there is "UpDown Control", then there is "Lock". The "Lock" one is what
>you are looking for I think, just put in a checkmark in both boxes concerning
>locking the buttons. I'm running with an ipaq 5555 windows mobile 2003. If
>you are running the same version of WCE, you should see the same thing. Hope
>this helps.
>
>Lonnie
>

>"lightening@wolf.com" wrote:
>
>> How do I disable the volume record button on the left side of my HP
>> Ipaq 5455 so that when its off I don't accidently hit it and turn it
>> on. I notice that whenever I hit any of the front buttons when in off
>> mode unit turns on. Adds to using up battery fast if accidentally
>> pressed while off. I tried going to settings then buttons and putting
>> none for the programs associated with the buttons but that does not
>> work. I distintly remember seeing something that tells you how to
>> disable any of the buttons exept the power of course, when unit is
>> off.
>>
>> TIA

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 6:23:37 AM

lightening@wolf.com wrote:
> How do I disable the volume record button on the left side of my HP
> Ipaq 5455 so that when its off I don't accidently hit it and turn it
> on. I notice that whenever I hit any of the front buttons when in off
> mode unit turns on. Adds to using up battery fast if accidentally
> pressed while off. I tried going to settings then buttons and putting
> none for the programs associated with the buttons but that does not
> work. I distintly remember seeing something that tells you how to
> disable any of the buttons exept the power of course, when unit is
> off.
>
> TIA

I just moved from a 5455 to a Dell x50v - about the best feature on the
dell is the "lock" switch on the side. It disables all input no matter
if the PPC is powered on or off. Very cool feature.
December 26, 2008 12:24:37 PM

Welcome to online laptop battery store, we offer high quality laptop batteries: Sony laptop battery, TOSHIBA laptop battery, Dell laptop battery, Acer laptop battery, Compaq laptop battery, HP laptop battery ... ... ...Your need,is our eternal pursuit; Your satisfaction,is our high honour; Thank you for your support .
http://www.laptop-battery.org.uk/
April 6, 2011 3:49:37 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!