No beep on M2N32-SLI Deluxe?

D-Lew

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
Sorry I'm a n00b, but I'm not getting the beep. This is my first time building and I'm hoping I just overlooked a plug. FYI the computer works great now, it boots and runs excellent, I'm just wanting to hear it talk to me when I boot her up. It's not a built-in speaker, is it?

Capewalk

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006
You have to hook the speaker to the mb. Check your manual. It normally is connected near where you connect your hdd light, pwr switch and reset switch. The speaker is either mounted in your case or on a small pigtail that just hangs from your motherboard. I strongly suggest you get it working now because you'll need it if you have a boot failure. If you wait you'll have two problems. Good luck.

D-Lew

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
I figured so much. But I thought it might have used a drive speaker or something. I'm pretty sure the case doesn't have a speaker, and I used the q-connector to hook up all the case wires I had, i.e. activity & case LEDs, etc.
I know I need it working for that reason, that's why I asked. :)
I didn't want to put it off any more.

omen

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
What's the name/brand of the case? I have a RaidMax Ninja and the PC speaker is in with the hardware and is very small.

D-Lew

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
My case is a NZXT Apollo. It had all the wires for the front panel stuff loomed already, and I connected everything I saw from there. If my case doesn't have a speaker, where can I get a decent 4-pin speaker? You think RadioShack or somewhere else might have them?