Image preview missing

I just can't see anymore previews of image files, just the
big squared icon but no image in (of course the preview
mode is enabled)

Anyone can help ?

Thanks

Luke

Me again, just to better focus the problem:

1. I'm not talking about the explorer left pane enabled
by "display as web page", I mean the browsing window
2. This problem happend all of a sudden, after working
fine for ages ....

Thanks 4 help

Luca