Writing to my A: drive

BO

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

Does anyone know why Windows 2000 would write to my A:
drive during startup and shutdown activities? Seems like
some sort of preferences are attempting to be stored
there. I wish to stop this activity....

Thanks,
Bo

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Bo
it's not your AV program scanning the drives at start up and shutdown is it
rgds
Steve

"Bo" <bo@proclearaquaticsystems.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know why Windows 2000 would write to my A:
> drive during startup and shutdown activities? Seems like
> some sort of preferences are attempting to be stored
> there. I wish to stop this activity....
>
> Thanks,
> Bo

Not to mention that boot will always "hit" all the drives and then look at
the A drive for boot information if you have the floppy in the boot chain.

--
Gary G. Little
Seagate Technology LLC