MSI Error

Hope this is the place I can find an answer to a problem. Using XP Pro SP2,
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 the full writer version not the reader, and an HP Scanner.

Here's what's happening, when I open Acrobat and use the scan feature, it
tries to install something, in the middle of the install, it asks to insert
a disk with the file name scan.msi. I haven't a clue what disk, is it the
XP disk, the Acrobat disk, the HP disk? I tried them all and it couldn't
find the file.

The kicker is, I will click on cancel, and an error message #1706 comes up
saying it needs the scan.msi file, exists the install, and the HP scanner
window opens up and I'm able to scan. This happens each time I try to scan
using Acrobat. All other applications that use the scanner within their
program, works great, it's just this one.

Any ideas???

MarkC

It sounds like the HP disk.

"MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hope this is the place I can find an answer to a problem. Using XP Pro
> SP2, Adobe Acrobat 6.0 the full writer version not the reader, and an HP
> Scanner.
>
> Here's what's happening, when I open Acrobat and use the scan feature, it
> tries to install something, in the middle of the install, it asks to
> insert a disk with the file name scan.msi. I haven't a clue what disk, is
> it the XP disk, the Acrobat disk, the HP disk? I tried them all and it
> couldn't find the file.
>
> The kicker is, I will click on cancel, and an error message #1706 comes up
> saying it needs the scan.msi file, exists the install, and the HP scanner
> window opens up and I'm able to scan. This happens each time I try to
> scan using Acrobat. All other applications that use the scanner within
> their program, works great, it's just this one.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> MarkC

Thanks for the reply, I check the HP disk for the file and even inserted it
when the prompt came up to insert disk. It did not find it, ditto on the
other ones too. I contacted HP they said it's Adobe, and of course Adobe
said it's HP problem.
MarkC

> It sounds like the HP disk.
>
> "MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hope this is the place I can find an answer to a problem. Using XP Pro
>> SP2, Adobe Acrobat 6.0 the full writer version not the reader, and an HP
>> Scanner.
>>
>> Here's what's happening, when I open Acrobat and use the scan feature, it
>> tries to install something, in the middle of the install, it asks to
>> insert a disk with the file name scan.msi. I haven't a clue what disk,
>> is it the XP disk, the Acrobat disk, the HP disk? I tried them all and
>> it couldn't find the file.
>>
>> The kicker is, I will click on cancel, and an error message #1706 comes
>> up saying it needs the scan.msi file, exists the install, and the HP
>> scanner window opens up and I'm able to scan. This happens each time I
>> try to scan using Acrobat. All other applications that use the scanner
>> within their program, works great, it's just this one.
>>
>> Any ideas???
>>
>> MarkC

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

Re-install scanner drivers or look HP site for updated ones.