need help closing game

hi, my programs list shows that i have sim city 3000 installed on my
computer. i have the game and tried to play it. didn't have any
problems until i clicked exit to leave the game.
it won't close. i click close and it pops back up again and restarts.
does anyone know how to get the game to close? is it not compatible
with windows xp? and if it isn't is there anyway i can get it to work?
thanks in advance for any help..
gail

hp pavilion 7920
30 gb
128 ram
windows xp sp 1
3 answers Last reply
More about need closing game

    Did you just install it?

    "Gail B" <GailsShed@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > hi, my programs list shows that i have sim city 3000 installed on my
    > computer. i have the game and tried to play it. didn't have any
    > problems until i clicked exit to leave the game.
    > it won't close. i click close and it pops back up again and restarts.
    > does anyone know how to get the game to close? is it not compatible
    > with windows xp? and if it isn't is there anyway i can get it to work?
    > thanks in advance for any help..
    > gail
    >

    > hp pavilion 7920
    > 30 gb
    > 128 ram
    > windows xp sp 1

    no, it was already installed on the computer when i got it. (used
    computer from family member). and since it was already installed i
    thought that i wouldn't have any problems with it..guess i was wrong..
    should i uninstall the game and reinstall the disc i got? sister-in-law
    said her grandson played the game all the time without any problems.
    ------------------

    colinbarharst@msn.com (Colin Barnhorst)
    wrote:
    Did you just install it?

    "Gail B" <GailsShed@webtv.net> wrote in message
    hi, my programs list shows that i have sim city 3000 installed on my
    computer. i have the game and tried to play it. didn't have any problems
    until i clicked exit to leave the game. it won't close. i click close
    and it pops back up again and restarts. does anyone know how to get the
    game to close? is it not compatible with windows xp? and if it isn't is
    there anyway i can get it to work? thanks in advance for any help..
                                                                                        gail
    hp pavilion 7920
    30 gb
    128 ram
    windows xp sp 1

    What happens when you bring up Task Manager [Ctrl+Alt+Delete] while
    the game is running, Applications tab, select the game, and choose
    'End Task.' Does the game end then?
    You sd you had "128MB RAM" on your system? That seems like a tiny amt
    of RAM to be running to try and run WinXP, much less gaming....
    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:11:09 -0600, GailsShed@webtv.net (Gail B)
    wrote:

    >no, it was already installed on the computer when i got it. (used
    >computer from family member). and since it was already installed i
    >thought that i wouldn't have any problems with it..guess i was wrong..
    >should i uninstall the game and reinstall the disc i got? sister-in-law
    >said her grandson played the game all the time without any problems.
    >------------------
    >
    >colinbarharst@msn.com (Colin Barnhorst)
    >wrote:
    >Did you just install it?
    >

    >"Gail B" <GailsShed@webtv.net> wrote in message
    >hi, my programs list shows that i have sim city 3000 installed on my
    >computer. i have the game and tried to play it. didn't have any problems
    >until i clicked exit to leave the game. it won't close. i click close
    >and it pops back up again and restarts. does anyone know how to get the
    >game to close? is it not compatible with windows xp? and if it isn't is
    >there anyway i can get it to work? thanks in advance for any help..
    >                                                                                    gail
    >hp pavilion 7920
    >30 gb
    >128 ram