Sign in with
Your question

Consoles too weak for Crysis

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2006 10:49:35 PM

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11651/Crytek-Next-Gen-Con...

quote - “next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 do not offer the sufficient power” to assure the quality of gameplay Crytek demand for Crysis.

That's not gonna sit well with some folks. :p 

More about : consoles weak crysis

August 30, 2006 11:10:00 PM

HHmmm...

that's going to be hard for computer systems :lol: 

Hopefully my E6600 will do :) 
August 30, 2006 11:27:25 PM

shove that up ur xbox arse.

ha.

its things like this that make me realise why ive stuck with windows all my life.
damn right.
Related resources
August 30, 2006 11:37:52 PM

Hopefully stupid console fanboys will realize those are little baby toys while PCs are like expensive cars and guns.
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2006 11:44:41 PM

LOL, don't bring a BB gun into battle huh. :p 
August 30, 2006 11:47:41 PM

I won't, I don't play with consoles.... :wink:
August 31, 2006 12:04:01 AM

LOL if neither 360 nor ps3 can handle a ported version of crysis i'd be amazed.

As the graphical power of either should be equivalent to a med-high range gaming pc, if they couldnt run it then neither could 90% of pc users.

Most pc gamers dont have bleeding edge pc's. No company is stupid enough that they would alienate all but a small fraction of pc users. They would be financial suicide.

Dont tell me that the settings cant be turned down for older pcs or that the game cant be recoded for consoles.
August 31, 2006 12:04:03 AM

Oh boy that's hilarious. Haha... take that console fanboys!

Clearly the PC is the dominant force in gaming... us (the hardcore gaming crowd) have always known this but this proves it!
August 31, 2006 12:08:44 AM

Quote:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11651/Crytek-Next-Gen-Con...

quote - “next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 do not offer the sufficient power” to assure the quality of gameplay Crytek demand for Crysis.

That's not gonna sit well with some folks. :p 

Good thing i dont use my PS2 no more. (Collecting dust in a box) I never realized Crysis was even going to be on the console demand. PC's are more dominant to any Console or Console(s). I personally think that people who own consoles are poor and cant afford a nice enough PC to play certain games.
August 31, 2006 12:15:05 AM

im sure it will get a release but with out all the shader options. what i think they mean is that it wont be as god intended.

just look at the Xbox versions of far cry. not the same game we all played was it...
August 31, 2006 12:15:12 AM

How old are you guys honestly? Those are some pretty uneducated remarks to make. Consoles are great gaming machines... Some of the greatest games out are for consoles only. I honestly dump almost a grand a year into computer hardware, this compares to maybe the grand that I've spent in consoles over the last 4 years... PC's will always have the leading edge when it comes to capabilities, it'll only be a short time before PC graphics will catch up to the next gen consoles. Honestly, if you can afford to keep your PC up to date with the latest gaming hardware, then you can definately afford a console... Titles like FF, GranTurismo, and MGS you can't really find outside of the console realm...
August 31, 2006 12:19:28 AM

Quote:
Titles like FF, GranTurismo, and MGS you can't really find outside of the console realm...

Consolitus is a serious medical problem... you should check in with your doctor.

Seriously, pc gaming has always been for the more matured gamer. There is no arguing with it. While they simplify games for console users we end up getting shafted because of the consoles limitations. This is quite a knock to the console community because finally our hardware (that has always been substantially better) has finally proven so and taken the front of the pack.

We have people still playing games from the 90's heavily such as Half-Life and Starcraft. You would never see such a developed community on consoles. Most of us put our machines together... and most of us understand the basic ideas behind the hardware... most console users are totally unaware of the machine they are using. All the care about is.. can I put it in and press play?
August 31, 2006 12:26:31 AM

Old news, but still entertaining. I've had so many people try to explain to me why the Xbox360 and PS3 are better than any PC out. I don't fall for Sony and Microsoft's marketing hype.

I will admit however my little lunchbox console (Nintendo Gamecube) has provided me with a pretty good gaming experience; graphics have actually been pretty impressive in titles like Resident Evil 4.
August 31, 2006 12:29:56 AM

There is no denying that you can have fun on a console. It's not as intimate... that's for sure.

Consoles are designed with the casual gamer in mind. Someone who can through 1hr to 3hrs gaming in, in a day.
August 31, 2006 12:36:59 AM

Quote:
How old are you guys honestly? Those are some pretty uneducated remarks to make. Consoles are great gaming machines... Some of the greatest games out are for consoles only. I honestly dump almost a grand a year into computer hardware, this compares to maybe the grand that I've spent in consoles over the last 4 years... PC's will always have the leading edge when it comes to capabilities, it'll only be a short time before PC graphics will catch up to the next gen consoles. Honestly, if you can afford to keep your PC up to date with the latest gaming hardware, then you can definately afford a console... Titles like FF, GranTurismo, and MGS you can't really find outside of the console realm...

FNG.

i joke i joke.
welcome.
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2006 12:38:55 AM

I had heard that Crysis will be PC only, but found it funny to have a game deisgner put in such a direct console bashing way. I do realize however, it's CPU computaional power the hyped up consoles hurt in more than say what R500 can do. But it's looking like the possibility exists that they don't even want to release a tuned down console version. Yet we still have people saying PC's will catch up to consoles, as if Conroe + X1900XTX or GF7950GX2 has catching up to do. :roll:
August 31, 2006 12:41:18 AM

Even funnier is people claiming the Xbox360 has the R600 in it because it's a unified shader architecture.
August 31, 2006 12:43:27 AM

I was just typing that...

Consoles can be dedicated machines... but that doesn't mean their dedicated tech can pull out all the stops and make a miracle.

I'm quite comfortable with my rig... and no console will give it a run for it's money for another few years.
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2006 1:11:35 AM

Yeah, I just wasted 20 minutes reading through their comment section. It's a war as expected, but less amusing than I thought it would be. I couple funny comments, and ignorant statements, but not really worth reading.

One guy did say it will take R600 to surpass xenos unified power. Of course he got X1900XT and 7900gtx sli pixel fill rate thrown back at him. One console supporter took it personally and urges console owners to take offense and spend their money away from crytek the raging console biggots. :lol: 
August 31, 2006 1:22:35 AM

Quote:
Titles like FF, GranTurismo, and MGS you can't really find outside of the console realm...

Consolitus is a serious medical problem... you should check in with your doctor.

Seriously, pc gaming has always been for the more matured gamer. There is no arguing with it. While they simplify games for console users we end up getting shafted because of the consoles limitations. This is quite a knock to the console community because finally our hardware (that has always been substantially better) has finally proven so and taken the front of the pack.

We have people still playing games from the 90's heavily such as Half-Life and Starcraft. You would never see such a developed community on consoles. Most of us put our machines together... and most of us understand the basic ideas behind the hardware... most console users are totally unaware of the machine they are using. All the care about is.. can I put it in and press play?

Whoa, what's your problem?

It's almost painful to read such extensive generalizations, line after line. What the heck is a more matured gamer? If you mean to imply that age is an indication of maturity, then perhaps it is gentle to assume that console players tend to be younger. However, age in no way reflects maturity.

There are many children's games on the PC; a classification of games which you wouldn't even find on a console. There are early education PC titles, virtually none of which you'll find on that sparkling Xbox360 or for pre-order with your PS3. Maybe if you've got your head stuck in a Myst or Riven community, perhaps you may develop the misconception that PC gamers are more matured. Even in Counter-Strike it's clear to most that immaturity is nearly a requirement if you desire to fit in or at least avoid friction.

Back in the 90s, consoles were still young and, in my opinion, still consoles. There was no Xbox Live! or online capabilities whatsoever. So of course you won't be finding developed Mario Party or Perfect Dark communities. Though today, the Xbox Live! community is quite large and growing.

And I don't know where you got the idea that most PC users have put their own machines together. Maybe you should inform Dell, HP, or even that company in your signature about this fact.
What are the basics of computer hardware? That electricity is pumped through the components and they work? You press the press the power button on your case and stuff appears on the screen? Yeah, I'm also sure most modern human beings may understand these sorts of "basics." However ask people what the function of the FSB is, or how clock speeds for RAM are determined and I think you'll start to find many people don't actually know.

And finally, congratulations, by your last sentence it seems you've discovered the entire appeal of consoles all together.
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2006 1:30:12 AM

Quote:
And finally, congratulations, by your last sentence it seems you've discovered the entire appeal of consoles all together.

So can we imply that what you are saying is consoles are for the technologically challenged? :twisted: JK, couldn't resist, LOL.
August 31, 2006 2:17:51 AM

The dev was probably trying to convey that Xbox360/PS3 can't handle Crysis with all the eye candy/at high settings DX10 will offer. Surely Crysis will be DX9 compatible and be able to run on "older" video cards like the 1800 xt/7800 gtx, albeit at mid-level settings. Hence, Xbox360 and PS3 should be able to run it, just not as well as a top-of-the line PC sporting a DX10 card.

Anyways, Ubi$oft would never let a game with this much hype attached pass by consoles, even if they had to dumb down the graphics a bit.
August 31, 2006 2:19:54 AM

Obviously you don't understand what I mean by mature gamer. I don't mean age range at all. I mean that most PC gamers are enthusiasts. It's alot harder to pick a game up and devote time to it, because you run into problems with hardware and software and generally the whole scheme of things takes a little bit more intelligence.

I used to console game, up until '96. I took on PC gaming because of the benefits of modding and customizing. The MP aspect of PC gaming has been around alot longer... and frankly I would rather see a kid in counterstrike say "LOL NOOBIE" than here some snot nosed 14 year old kid with daddies approval on XBOX say "F*CK YOU NOOB".

The online community on pc is ALWAYS going to be bigger and better... we have the f*cking internet on our side. We have more powerful machines and more dedicated players. Is that so hard to come to terms with?

I have built my computers for years... and quite frankly I suck at it. I built a few lackluster machines and finally got the chance to go for gold in the form of Falcon Northwest. I had one when I was a kid see... back in the days of Quake 2. I always wanted to get another one but couldn't afford it... so I built. One day a check ends up in my mail... because of a car accident and I think "Hell Ya Falcon, here I come again". Why hate on someone who has a custom built and refer to it as a pre-built like Dell? Do you not know anything about Falcon? About how each computer is built by hand by one person and not made on a factory line? About how each computer is individually tweaked and tested to maximize potential?

Sorry, but consoles are for children and casual gamers... this is proven. Go back to your consolized versions of games and leave me alone with my faster... more customizable... more interactive pc.
August 31, 2006 2:45:59 AM

Are we all forgetting that consoles like the XBox 360 cost around $300 to make? I'd wager to say half of the people replying to this topic have spent that much on a single component... maybe double. Yes, PCs have more power... but I think the argument could be made that consoles are clearly more efficient at what they do.
August 31, 2006 2:55:42 AM

Quote:
Obviously you don't understand what I mean by mature gamer. I don't mean age range at all. I mean that most PC gamers are enthusiasts. It's alot harder to pick a game up and devote time to it, because you run into problems with hardware and software and generally the whole scheme of things takes a little bit more intelligence.

I used to console game, up until '96. I took on PC gaming because of the benefits of modding and customizing. The MP aspect of PC gaming has been around alot longer... and frankly I would rather see a kid in counterstrike say "LOL NOOBIE" than here some snot nosed 14 year old kid with daddies approval on XBOX say "F*CK YOU NOOB".

The online community on pc is ALWAYS going to be bigger and better... we have the f*cking internet on our side. We have more powerful machines and more dedicated players. Is that so hard to come to terms with?

I have built my computers for years... and quite frankly I suck at it. I built a few lackluster machines and finally got the chance to go for gold in the form of Falcon Northwest. I had one when I was a kid see... back in the days of Quake 2. I always wanted to get another one but couldn't afford it... so I built. One day a check ends up in my mail... because of a car accident and I think "Hell Ya Falcon, here I come again". Why hate on someone who has a custom built and refer to it as a pre-built like Dell? Do you not know anything about Falcon? About how each computer is built by hand by one person and not made on a factory line? About how each computer is individually tweaked and tested to maximize potential?

Sorry, but consoles are for children and casual gamers... this is proven. Go back to your consolized versions of games and leave me alon

e with my faster... more customizable... more interactive pc.

Hmmm.....

I own both a 360 and a high end PC and really would not want to do without either. Honestly both kick butt! anyone take a look at gears of war coming out for the 360? pretty awsome. 8) Besides Crysis I dont think I have ever seen a game look so good.

PC-

X2 4800@2.7ghz
X1900XT
2gigs ddr 400 mem

Gears of War for the 360

August 31, 2006 3:03:10 AM

I too had enough money to buy both and i am happy, i love playing fps games on my computer but i can stand racing/sport games on computer so i got a 360, plus i also got a new Planet Eclipse EGO paintballl which is roughly $1200 and this is all my money i earned, none came from parents and what not so you can GTFO if you are being a gay ass, i just take advantage of what is put in front of me :D 
August 31, 2006 3:08:20 AM

Quote:
I too had enough money to buy both and i am happy, i love playing fps games on my computer but i can stand racing/sport games on computer so i got a 360, plus i also got a new Planet Eclipse EGO paintballl which is roughly $1200 and this is all my money i earned, none came from parents and what not so you can GTFO if you are being a gay ass, i just take advantage of what is put in front of me :D 

Yeah im married and my wife and I dont depend on our parents either. LOL.
August 31, 2006 3:16:05 AM

Quote:
Are we all forgetting that consoles like the XBox 360 cost around $300 to make? I'd wager to say half of the people replying to this topic have spent that much on a single component... maybe double. Yes, PCs have more power... but I think the argument could be made that consoles are clearly more efficient at what they do.

Actually some consoles such as the Xbox 360 cost more to make than they sell them for, see this www.tgdaily.com/2005/11/23/xbox360_cost_estimated/. They make up the difference every time someone buys an overpriced game for their system, which points out another advantage for PC gamers as brand new games typically sell for less for the PC platform than they do for consoles.
August 31, 2006 3:17:44 AM

Quote:

Actually some consoles such as the Xbox 360 cost more to make than they sell them for, see this www.tgdaily.com/2005/11/23/xbox360_cost_estimated/. They make up the difference every time someone buys an overpriced game for their system, which points out another advantage for PC gamers as brand new games typically sell for less for the PC platform than they do for consoles.

Yep at 59.99 a pop for a 360 game it can really expensive which is why I have yet to pay more than 30.00 for any 360 game I own. EBAY.
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2006 3:18:27 AM

OK, sports games I'll give ya that. You can't stand racing games on a PC? Wow are we different. Give me 8 guys on a LAN with MOMO racing wheels, what's not to like.

While I wish the GT series was on PC, PC owns racing IMO. I have often had 4-8 person LAN games at my house for 5 or so years now, all machines with racing wheels. SCGT, Nascar 2003, F12002, GTR2002, GTR, NFS series, flatout, Insane, and so many more. I realize multiplayer console play is changing/has changed alot, but in the past, Lan parties with racing wheels vs split screen gamepad racing is my memories and the later just isn't racing IMO.

Definately a few motorcycle racing games and SCGT is what got me addicted to PC racing. That game was incredible for 1999.
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/011/011888/img_1423233.ht...
August 31, 2006 3:24:13 AM

Who depends on their parents? I don't I work hard for my money and I would rather sink it into a quality computer than a console. Maybe I'm a bit biased... but I'm pleased with my decision.
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2006 3:34:11 AM

I agree with him. PC games are usually cheaper and go on sale more often. Like $35 sale price for NFSMW black edition week one of release when the 360's were $59. Shoot, I just bought 3 copies of Flatout 2 for $18 each upon release. How cheap has that been for the consoles? Got HL2 episode 1 for $8 right from the beginning. Circuit City is the king of new release PC game bargains. I bought 8 copies of Max Payne for $15 each when it was released. Sold them off on ebay for $35 buy it now and they went like mad. Anyway, not saying there are no deals on console games out there, just that in general they always seem to be advertised for at least $10-20 more than I pay for new PC games.
August 31, 2006 4:18:26 AM

Like me reiterate my points again.

Consoles have a cycle of about 4 or so years... No one can argue that a console isn't a good platform to game on... Saying that a console isn't targeted for a mature audience is pretty lame... What kind of ballin 13 year old kid is going to be able to shell out $700 for a next gen console without getting his mommy and daddy to cover it...

Now I shell out $700 for a console. I get my FF XIII, my MGS, and GT HD... I play them and I enjoy them noting that I would never have been able to get this experience on a PC...

Now in the 4yr period that I'll be enjoying my $700 console, I'll have spent close to $4000 in computer hardware, and honestly I will have enjoyed them both almost equally.

Gaming time between my consoles and PC are almost equal overall. So again I ask, what's wrong with a console? Honestly, graphics and system capability mean nothing. No doubt in less than a year when PS3 is released, PC technology will far surpass it in terms of graphics and over capability, but who cares as long as the games are good. Look at how PS1 just crushed XBOX even though the box was a vastly superior machine...

As long as they keep coming out with great games for consoles and PC's... I'll be investing into both...

PC's aren't the be all end all gaming platform... All you PC fanboys should just drop the elitist attitude... Just because we can build our own rigs and wow ourselves with what we've put together doesn't mean we should go around and bash all the other platforms... They all have thier strengths and weaknesses...

Everyone's opinion on the best gaming platform is completely subjective as well and we should all keep that in mind... Obviously a FPS fanboy isn't going to advocate the awesomeness of a frag session on console controller.

Honestly... just skip one upgrade cycle on your PC and shell out the cash for a next gen console... Unless ur rediculously stuborn I can pretty much guarentee that you'll find it worth the money.
August 31, 2006 4:22:02 AM

Sorry I wont skip a beat with my PC ... I'm not stubborn. But I am on a computer for most of my day. I use Autocad and 3dsmax. What console is ever going to be able to utilize those apps while being a dominant force in gaming? hmmm
August 31, 2006 4:36:29 AM

Well I won't go so far as to say that you're missing out on anything by not having a console... but I grew up on consoles and PC's at the same time so I can't imagine not having either... Lets also be fair too, of course computers have way more extended capability than a console, but lets sitck to thier gaming capabilities. You do have a point though, my rig might be a little more potent if I spent more money on it instead of splitting it with a console. But to me it's really worth it to skip an upgrade cycle in the interest of feeding my other addicion.
August 31, 2006 4:39:38 AM

Quote:

It's "consolitis" brother, not "consolitus". Get your terminology straight :twisted:
August 31, 2006 6:16:58 AM

Quote:

Now in the 4yr period that I'll be enjoying my $700 console, I'll have spent close to $4000 in computer hardware, and honestly I will have enjoyed them both almost equally.

Yes, if you constantly have to have to latest and greatest I'd agree with your figures. However if you plan your upgrades, and can do it yourself, you can get a big bang for your buck off of PCs. For example, I upgraded from an xp2800 system with a 6600gt that I'd had for about 3 years(which I'd still take over any console) to a amd3800 with a 7900gt + new mobo for about $500 and except for an occasional video change I'll likely be good for another 3 years to play any game. Yes it's a little more expensive I'll admit, but let's not exxagerate!
August 31, 2006 7:16:11 AM

Quote:

$4000!!!!!!!!!!! Are you nuts. I built my rig about 3 years ago. Spent about $500 on it and I can still play all of the games out. Not at full graphics of course but still playable at more that 30 fps on medium settings.

I get almost all of my games for FREE using the INTERNET or get a copy from a friend. How many games do you have? Put that with your $700 for your console and see what the total is then. If I had to pay $60 for each game I own I would go way over the $4000 mark that you put for pc's.

I bet you often sit on your console chatting away on the forums. If you have to look at the big picture, you can do way more with a $700 PC than your silly console.

The only reason that they don't make games like FF, GT, Mortal Combat, etc. for the PC is so that people will actually still buy consoles. I love FF. Finished from 6 - X-2. Being the way that I am, I still wouldn't buy a console just to play the newer ones. I'll wait a couple of years and EMULATE. Can your xbox play playstation games? I bet not. I can play all 3!!!

Why can't you just admit that your fighting a losing battle???

Just my 2 cents...
August 31, 2006 9:31:46 AM

Considering that you can make copies of games and play them using a modded console - even play them off a console's hard drive when it has one, your point is moot - moreover, you imply playing pirated versions of games, which is illegal.

Moreover, if you talk about Next-gen consoles such as Xbox360 and PS3, consider that those two are merely more powerful versions of the same - while the Nintendo Wii (ok, it's a pitiful name), while actually LESS powerful than its competition, changes the way one plays game due to different interaction with the game, allowing games to be developed for it that couldn't be made to run on a PC without extensive modding. On the other hand, sony and MS's gaming platforms don't add anything over what a PC can do.

Some games are better played on a computer, some others are better played on a console. Eventhough the gap between the two may be disappearing some, this still holds true - and said gap could widen again.
August 31, 2006 9:57:21 AM

Ok i'll just put my 2 cents in...

Consoles arn't useless for at least two reasons i can think of right now.

1: Some people would rather sit on the couch and game on their console and have a comfortable little controller dealy lol. This is also better if you have friends that play there to and you can all sit on the couch with one machine and have fun.

2: I'll use my friends as examples, they have mediocre computers and have xbox 360's. Now pretty much the sole reason they have a console is because of the games that are available. They play halo 2 on live and have a great time.

Now i'll tell you why i don't have a console. I'm not rich and would rather put money into a pc which i need anyway. I also play rts games which don't come on consoles.

So my theory about consoles is that they are more for social play and pc's are for closet geeks in their grandmas basement :lol:  :lol: 

I kid i kid.... :wink:
August 31, 2006 9:59:47 AM

I hear what you are saying but modding also takes alot of $$$ which still makes the console cost rise.

So many things are illegal here that the cops don't give a hoot about that I really couldn't care less about pirated games. We have lots worse problems here.

Not trying to fight with anyone, just giving my opinion.
August 31, 2006 1:19:16 PM

I'd rather play free games anyway (Linux Powaaa!)... Old 16-bit games from Genesis or S.Famicom run nice on an emulator, too.
August 31, 2006 1:28:37 PM

Quote:
1: Some people would rather sit on the couch and game on their console and have a comfortable little controller dealy lol. This is also better if you have friends that play there to and you can all sit on the couch with one machine and have fun...

More and more console games with the exceptions of sports games/racing games and fighting games, have started using only Live! as the multiplayer component. Splitscreen is slowly going the way of the Dodo. Controllers are far more uncomfortable and worse for your hands, in most cases giving the extended user cramped arthritic hands. And on the point of couches and gaming... I do better in games when sitting up straight than slouching in a couch.

Closet gamers who live in grandma's basement eh... Yeah okay. Because you know people who can afford a nice computer are obviously bums with no life.
August 31, 2006 2:10:41 PM

ok i was just joking about the closet gamer thing, you know, the geek crap. Anyway, live is still not the party type stuff i was talkign about. I was just making a point about consoles thats all. You take stuff too personally. :wink:
August 31, 2006 2:11:58 PM

I didn't take any of it personally at all.
August 31, 2006 2:15:14 PM

This arguement is beyond stupid.

The PC has awesome games. Console have awesome games. Purporting one is objectively better than the other is just ignorant.

It all comes down to personal preference.

I know that I didn't play sonic, super mario world, legend of zelda, super mario 64, mario kart, super smash bros, goldeneye 007, Halo, etc... on a PC.

I also know that I didin't play Doom, warcraft, half-life, far cry, etc... on a console.

They each have their merits, and if you can't accept them BOTH as a viable gaming solution then I just feel sorry for you cuz you don't know what you're missing.
August 31, 2006 2:19:02 PM

Quote:

They each have their merits, and if you can't accept them BOTH as a viable gaming solution then I just feel sorry for you cuz you don't know what you're missing

Because you know, PC gamers who stick to PC games... don't have friends with consoles... and don't play said console when at their friends house.

I just don't like consoles... it's the easy way out, it's quick and too easy to get into. It lacks the depth of custom controls and ruins perfectly good pc games. Halo was an amazing piece of work until it got picked up by Microsoft. When it got picked up... they trimmed it down, changed the game and released it to a fps virgin market.

Consoles are fine... I just wouldn't describe them as the ultimate gaming machine, like so many people who own them do.
August 31, 2006 2:38:42 PM

Quote:

They each have their merits, and if you can't accept them BOTH as a viable gaming solution then I just feel sorry for you cuz you don't know what you're missing

Because you know, PC gamers who stick to PC games... don't have friends with consoles... and don't play said console when at their friends house.

I just don't like consoles... it's the easy way out, it's quick and too easy to get into. It lacks the depth of custom controls and ruins perfectly good pc games. Halo was an amazing piece of work until it got picked up by Microsoft. When it got picked up... they trimmed it down, changed the game and released it to a fps virgin market.

Consoles are fine... I just wouldn't describe them as the ultimate gaming machine, like so many people who own them do.

I sounded just like you a couple of months ago after building my high end gaming PC. Then I had some extra $$$ to blow and bought a 360, Im happy to say that I have a kick ass gaming combination. :D 

Really man, unless you own both dont cast a judgment on either.
August 31, 2006 2:41:56 PM

Quote:

I hate 30 fps on ANY games *cough*consoles*cough*

:D 
August 31, 2006 2:45:26 PM

Quote:

I hate 30 fps on ANY games *cough*consoles*cough*

:D 

Not all 360 games run at 30 fps. Ever play Kameo or the new Demo of Just Cause? smooth as silk without a hitch. Definently more than 30fps, Feels like 50-60 FPS.
!