7100GS? You must be joking!

Is the 7100GS a waste of time and resources?

• Yup, NVIDIA has lost it if they think these cheap things will sell.

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No, they will sell like hotcakes. Why? Because they will be cheap.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No...I actually plan to buy one, woohoo!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO, OMFG, what's the point? Last thing we need is n00bs SLIing them... :lol:
:roll:

They should sell 7600s very cheap instead though.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO, OMFG, what's the point? Last thing we need is n00bs SLIing them... :lol:
:roll:

They should sell 7600s very cheap instead though.

Heh, what's next--SLi for my two NVIDIA Vanta ISA cards?

Charliegrs

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
it will probably be an integrated type graphics card. remember the geforce 6100? it was integrated into motherboards, sharing the system ram for video ram. basically its for really non-hardcore gamers more like casual gamers who dont wanna play anything made within the last 5 years lol

i could be wrong though it may be a REALLY cheap add-in card. but why? is the geforce 7300 not crappy enough?

weilin

Distinguished
vista ready... what did vista require again for Aero, wasn't it something like a 9600? i guess buying a card thats = 9600 for 50 bucks.. i cant complain... If 64bit memory interface and 32mbits of onboard videoram (+turbocache or was it hypermemory) = 9600 then damn those r some insane clock speeds....

maybe when they said vista ready, they meant vista home basic ready.. u know the rebranded version of xp...

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
That is very true. You guys and gals have to realize that the well informed readers of websites like THG and other computer hardware sites/magazines you name it...make up only a small percentage of the total revenue a company like Nvidia brings in. I have seen (more than once) people assume a 7300 series card will outperform a 6800. Simply because it is "500 points better and starts with a 7" :p Just remember that we informed ones are probably not the crowd they are targeting with the 7100 and 7300.

Just a thought, but this could somewhat apply to the ultra high end products such as the 965EE and X6800. People with money to blow and no knowledge will think they are getting their money's worth when really a D940 or E6600 would suffice and even surpass if they knew how to overclock. Not to say there aren't well informed buyers who simply want the best, they are out there too as consumers. Just a thought though, no flames please! Maybe friendly conversation and/or constructive criticism.