Quicktime for Pocket PC?

January 9, 2005 1:27:50 PM

I want to play quicktime movie clips on my Dell X30 High.
Tried to play in Betaplayer which did not work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jack Barrett
My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

More about : quicktime pocket

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 1:40:50 PM

AFAIK there are no quicktime players for the pocket pc, you may have to
convert that file to another format.

rights...

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>I want to play quicktime movie clips on my Dell X30 High.
> Tried to play in Betaplayer which did not work.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack Barrett
> My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 3:13:19 PM

Jack Barrett wrote:
> I want to play quicktime movie clips on my Dell X30 High.
> Tried to play in Betaplayer which did not work.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack Barrett
> My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

Tried PictPocket Cinema? Otherwise, try re-encoding it to another format
as Eric has suggested.

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:13:19 +0800, Darius Wey wrote:

> Tried PictPocket Cinema? Otherwise, try re-encoding it to another format
> as Eric has suggested.

<http://www.digisoftdirect.com/Products/PictPocket.html&...;

This talks about a '14-days trial', but other sites state it's
'freeware'. Is it the same like QT on a PC? You can use it for viewing
MOV and PICT for example, but if you want more, you've got to buy the
full version?

What I mean is: will it still work after 14 days (without purchasing
the software) ?

--
s|b
Anonymous

How does one change the format from Quicktime to Media Player?

Thanks for all your help,

Jack Barrett
Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> I want to play quicktime movie clips on my Dell X30 High.
> Tried to play in Betaplayer which did not work.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack Barrett
> My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:59:11 AM

Usually you have to uncompress it to something like AVI, then
recompress it (windows media can do that if you sync it to the PPC).

To uncompress Quicktime you'd probably need quicktime pro ($30) first
;-p

Cheers - Neil

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:23:36 GMT, "Jack Barrett"
<jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>How does one change the format from Quicktime to Media Player?
>
>Thanks for all your help,
>
>Jack Barrett
>Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com
>

>"Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>> I want to play quicktime movie clips on my Dell X30 High.
>> Tried to play in Betaplayer which did not work.
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jack Barrett
>> My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 1:10:57 AM

Reply to message from "Jack Barrett" <jack4450@frontiernet.net> (Mon, 10
Jan 2005 15:23:36) about ""Re: Quicktime for Pocket PC?"":

JB> How does one change the format from Quicktime to Media Player?

JB> Thanks for all your help,

I'm pretty sure that I've used tsunami mpeg encoder to take a .mov file to
a mpeg, which can be watched on the ppc using pocket tv or beta player.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 1:28:23 PM

s|b wrote:
> This talks about a '14-days trial', but other sites state it's
> 'freeware'. Is it the same like QT on a PC? You can use it for viewing
> MOV and PICT for example, but if you want more, you've got to buy the
> full version?
>
> What I mean is: will it still work after 14 days (without purchasing
> the software) ?

IIRC, it's not freeware, and I think it's a time-limited trial, so once
the days have passed, you have to purchase the full version in order to
continue using it.

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 4:40:31 PM

Jack Barrett wrote:
> How does one change the format from Quicktime to Media Player?

Apart from the other suggestions, if you do some video editing, your
application might be able to handle it: e.g. Sony Vegas, or the like.

--
!