I can not change default connection program!!

Hi, I am a Xp user.
I used multi-operation system (WinXP,other Windows Opeation System) in 2
primary patitions in 2 harddisks.
Problems appeared after setuping Winamp program in WinXP,and not doing Setup
Winamp program in other OS.
In WinXP Winamp program is corrected connected by *.pls file, But In Other OS
CyverLink Power DVD program is connected by *.pls file.
So I could try to change defaults connection program from CyberLink Power
DVD to Winamp program , But I could not do it , Because connection program
is not activated by selecting Winamp in Other OS not to setup Winamp.
How can I change defaults connection program.
Could you write answers to me!
I 'll expect your good replies.
Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about change default connection program

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:28:02 -0800, WinXP Beginner wrote:

    > Problems appeared after setuping Winamp program in WinXP,and not doing Setup
    > Winamp program in other OS.

    Have you tried installing the program under the other OS yet? Not all
    programs can be shared by both operating systems and require two separate
    setups. Perhaps Winamp is one of those.

    When there is a war over a file extension, you can usually launch the main
    program window (of the program that is *not* the default) and then control
    it using its own internal menus.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    What "other Windows operating system" are you referring to?

    By "multi-operation system" do you mean dual boot? In a dual boot system
    what happens to Winamp in one OS has no bearing on the other, since only one
    OS can run at a time.

    Please specify in which version of Windows you are having the problem. It
    is apparently not XP.

    "WinXP Beginner" <WinXP Beginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I am a Xp user.
    > I used multi-operation system (WinXP,other Windows Opeation System) in 2
    > primary patitions in 2 harddisks.
    > Problems appeared after setuping Winamp program in WinXP,and not doing
    > Setup
    > Winamp program in other OS.
    > In WinXP Winamp program is corrected connected by *.pls file, But In Other
    > OS
    > CyverLink Power DVD program is connected by *.pls file.
    > So I could try to change defaults connection program from CyberLink Power
    > DVD to Winamp program , But I could not do it , Because connection
    > program
    > is not activated by selecting Winamp in Other OS not to setup Winamp.
    > How can I change defaults connection program.
    > Could you write answers to me!
    > I 'll expect your good replies.
    > Thanks.

Default Connection Windows XP