Strange problems with video signal

Cracu

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
I got no video signal on my LCD.
now... the problem is: PC is working fine with another LCD monitor; and first monitor is working fine with another PC.

Those 2 worked for 6 months but now they just don't want.

So... I resolved before a similar problem using a DVI adapter and using the DVI output from videocard (pins were somehow too short for vga output), but now I tried 2 DVI adapters, they didn't help me.

Do u have any idea? Any similar problems? (apparently videocard/monitor is the problem)

(videocard -ati x550, monitor: philips 19")

PS: when I press power button, the monitor just don't start (not even a "no video signal" screen, if I disconnect video cable... it goes on and i get "no video signal" screen.

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Try replacing the cable

That worked for me when I had to press the cable up against the wall to avoid purple

Lol, I had an old samsung super vga monitor for years that I taped the end of the cable to avoid purple. Funny you say that; must be more common than I thought.

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Try replacing the cable

That worked for me when I had to press the cable up against the wall to avoid purple

Lol, I had an old samsung super vga monitor for years that I taped the end of the cable to avoid purple. Funny you say that; must be more common than I thought.

Even if you don't have a dual end cable, like this
I am pretty sure you can open up the monitor and replace the cable, I did on my sony trinitron multiscan 17SF, although the cable I traded was a sony also, but a different model.

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Most definitly you can with a screwdriver and some knowledge.

Just didnt care. This thing was a crt from 1990. SUPER VGA, crazy resolution for the time! I used that thing for years as a second monitor.

It radiated so much energy, it actually burned my shadow into high back chair I sat in as a child.

Still I was the first kid on my block to sport a 800x600 capable monitor... I dont think my vid card at the time had enough ram to support that res over 16 color though.