Which is cheaper: refill inks or compatibles?

Can someone tell me, which is cheaper: refill inks or compatibles?

I've become a fan of compatibles, they're dirt cheap (well compared to
the original manufacturer ones).
I've always been against using refills because opening them up is a
messy process.
(Well... at least this is what had in mind, having never actually had a
go at doing it!!)

So... which is cheaper?
Is there a difference in results?

And... I've read that an ink cartridge should only be used X amount of
times before being replaced with the genuine model.
Is this true?
Why?
Why would it not be a good idea to buy a compatible ink cartridge?

Thanks.

OM

Do you think it might be useful to a discussion to reveal the make and model
of your printer?

In general, refill is cheaper, and you usually have more control over what
kind of ink you get.

"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me, which is cheaper: refill inks or compatibles?
>
> I've become a fan of compatibles, they're dirt cheap (well compared to
> the original manufacturer ones).
> I've always been against using refills because opening them up is a
> messy process.
> (Well... at least this is what had in mind, having never actually had a
> go at doing it!!)
>
> So... which is cheaper?
> Is there a difference in results?
>
> And... I've read that an ink cartridge should only be used X amount of
> times before being replaced with the genuine model.
> Is this true?
> Why?
> Why would it not be a good idea to buy a compatible ink cartridge?
>
> Thanks.
>

> OM

> Do you think it might be useful to a discussion to reveal the make and model
> of your printer?
thanks for the reply.
i have a canon ip4000 and an epson cx5200.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

OM wrote:

>>Do you think it might be useful to a discussion to reveal the make and model
>>of your printer?
>
> thanks for the reply.
> i have a canon ip4000 and an epson cx5200.

I use only after market ink carts in my canon i9900 with excellent
results both in color and function (never had a clogged print head).
Strongly suggest you visit Neil Slade's site for good background info
and the Nifty forum which is a good discussion forum for people who
either use these products or seek information about using them.

http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum

Pay no attention to our resident sicko troll who shouts at everything
that moves and yet never used any after market inks.
His is a troubled soul who knows nothing about inks or printers.
Frank

zakezuke

> Can someone tell me, which is cheaper: refill inks or compatibles?

Generally speaking bulk inks tend to be cheeper. As with all things
there are exceptions. Fro example the Canon BCI-3e runs about
$2000/gal if you go oem, where the color bci-6 run at about $3000/gal.
This is among the more cost effective solutions, $5000/gal is normal
for some HPs and epsons, and $10,000/gal is normal for low end lexmarks
like the free printer you get from dell.

Bulk inks start at about $150/gal for generic stuff, where $300/gal is
a normal base price for something matched to your printer. I have no
experence with solutions that cost higher than that, i'm not a
professional printer.

When talking the cost of bulk ink into account you do have to take into
account the cost the the carts. Some you "can" refill by poking a hole
in them. Others it's reccomended to buy refillable units for ease of
use. But even if you're spending $5.00 or $10.00 each. While this
should be taken into account the cost is so cheap you save hundrads of
dollars after printing with only a couple of ounces of ink.

Refilled carts tend to cost $5.00/each, perhaps as high as $15 to $20
for HP/Lexmark... in some cases less, so the cost savings is 50% to 66%
or so depending on your make and model.

> Is there a difference in results?

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html
Always... I don't know of a single case where a 3rd party solution was
100% identical. I imagine it's possible if the OEM decided to actually
sell their exact formula on the bulk market. Whether you notice it or
like it is good question.

> And... I've read that an ink cartridge should only be used X amount of
> times before being replaced with the genuine model.
> Is this true?

This could be true for carts that have the nozzles on board and you
were refilling them. They were not designed to last a long time, they
were designed to be disposable. I don't see this true if your buying
prefills.

> Why would it not be a good idea to buy a compatible ink cartridge?

>From what i've read... there is a failure rate of sub 1% among
pre-fills. Less so for ones that are simple ink tanks with foam on the
inside... even less so for ones that are just plastic and empty air. A
good dealer knows this and will replace them without question.

There is a remote possiblity the different ink could affect your
printerhead life in the cases of ink tanks. In the case of the Canon
the replacement costs slightly less than the printer in most cases,
Epson unless you are very skilled it costs as much as the printer.

You can refill the Canon for well under $1 per tank.

> > Do you think it might be useful to a discussion to reveal the make and
model
> > of your printer?
> thanks for the reply.
> i have a canon ip4000 and an epson cx5200.

OEM IS CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN IF YOU DO NOT PRINT MUCH SINCE YOU WILL
NOT CLOG YOUR PRINTHEAD.

measekite wrote:
> OEM IS CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN IF YOU DO NOT PRINT MUCH SINCE YOU WILL
> NOT CLOG YOUR PRINTHEAD.

"OEM is cheaper in the long run", Measekite shouts.

"SPONGEBOB ECONOMICS" from Measekite, as usual.

In the real world here in Canada, just 6 sets of Canon OEM cartridges
cost as much as 6 new Canon printers (iP4000) with cartridges. In other
words, $774 CDN.

On the other hand, 6 sets of compatible cartridges in Canada can be had
for about $150. Sorry, "BUT IN THE LONG RUN" I prefer to have the $624
difference in cost sitting in my wallet. However, in Measekite's
narrow-minded world he seems to think that if I buy OEM ink and spend
$624 MORE FOR INK than I really have to that it's some kind of twisted
long term money saving plan. No, it's total deficit. The money would
go to Canon, not me.

And from following this newsgroup for years I have noticed absolutely
no difference in clogging numbers between OEM and non-OEM inks. I use
non-OEM inks exclusively in two printers, moderate use. The simple fact
is that ANY printer will clog if not used on a regular basis, regardless
of brand of ink used. What is "regular basis?" It varies with your home
environment. But perhaps when you start requiring head cleanings, that
would be a sign that it is being under used.

-Taliesyn

BURT

"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me, which is cheaper: refill inks or compatibles?
>
> I've become a fan of compatibles, they're dirt cheap (well compared to
> the original manufacturer ones).
> I've always been against using refills because opening them up is a
> messy process.
> (Well... at least this is what had in mind, having never actually had a
> go at doing it!!)
>
> So... which is cheaper?
> Is there a difference in results?
>
> And... I've read that an ink cartridge should only be used X amount of
> times before being replaced with the genuine model.
> Is this true?
> Why?
> Why would it not be a good idea to buy a compatible ink cartridge?
>
> Thanks.
>

> OM

Dan G is right that you have more assurance as to the source of the
aftermarket ink when buying bulk and refilling. Cheaper also. You can keep
refilling the cartridge until it doesn't function properly. Some people
have also figured out how to make a cartridge that doesn't work well after
several refills work again. You can also buy empty cartridges and refill
them. I have experience with Canon aftermarket inks but not with Epson.

Pay no attention to our newsgroup resident troll who rants against all
aftermarket inks and tells you they will all clog your printer.He always
warns people against using these products even though he has no experience
with them. He will undoubtedly follow this message with more of his
shouting and nonsense. I have killfiled him. Many of us on this newsgroup
use aftermarket inks successfully.

Please read the following websites and see what other people are using.
It is important to be very selective about
which cartridges and inks you use and it is best to get advice from others
who can, from their own experience, recommend a specific product. I, and
several others, refill cartridges with one of three inks that are available
online - MIS, ormulabs bulk ink from Alotofthings, and Hobbicolors available
on ebay. Neil Slade's site is good background info and the Nifty
forum is a good discussion forum for people who either use these products or
want information on using them. It is primarily about Canon printers, but
others are discussed as well.

Burt wrote:

>"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>Can someone tell me, which is cheaper: refill inks or compatibles?
>>
>>I've become a fan of compatibles, they're dirt cheap (well compared to
>>the original manufacturer ones).
>>I've always been against using refills because opening them up is a
>>messy process.
>>(Well... at least this is what had in mind, having never actually had a
>>go at doing it!!)
>>
>>So... which is cheaper?
>>Is there a difference in results?
>>
>>And... I've read that an ink cartridge should only be used X amount of
>>times before being replaced with the genuine model.
>>Is this true?
>>Why?
>>Why would it not be a good idea to buy a compatible ink cartridge?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>>OM
>>

>Dan G is right that you have more assurance as to the source of the
>aftermarket ink when buying bulk and refilling.

SEE! YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE SOURCE. THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT.
AFTERMARKET INKS ARE AND REMAIN A MYSTERY. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE
GETTING.

>Cheaper also. You can keep
>refilling the cartridge until it doesn't function properly. Some people
>have also figured out how to make a cartridge that doesn't work well after
>several refills work again.

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.

>You can also buy empty cartridges and refill
>them. I have experience with Canon aftermarket inks but not with Epson.
>
>Pay no attention to our newsgroup resident troll who rants against all
>aftermarket inks and tells you they will all clog your printer.

THEY CERTAINLY WILL.

>He always
>warns people against using these products even though he has no experience
>with them. He will undoubtedly follow this message with more of his
>shouting and nonsense. I have killfiled him.

BUT HE REAMINS UPPER MOST IN HIS MIND AS YOU CAN SEE.

>Many of us on this newsgroup
>use aftermarket inks successfully.

BUT THE MAJORITY HAVE TROUBLE.

> Please read the following websites and see what other people are using.
>It is important to be very selective about
>which cartridges and inks you use and it is best to get advice from others
>who can, from their own experience, recommend a specific product. I, and
>several others, refill cartridges with one
>

> Neil Slade's site is good background info and the Nifty
>forum

HE IS THE MODERATOR THERE UNDER THE NAME PHOTOFREEK.. YOU DIDN'T THINK
YOU COULD GET OBJECTIVE INFORMATION FROM A CLUB HE MODERATES DID YOU????????

In article <ZnpJe.325$zr1.82@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com says...
> NOT USING YOUR PRINTER AT ALL IS CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN SINCE YOU WILL
> NOT CLOG YOUR PRINTHEAD.

Good quality refills cost from 30 to 90 cents per refill, if you do them
yourself. The math is pretty self evident. (Except to inkystinky, who
has an intrinsic fear of such things).

In article <lWqJe.1216$zr1.943@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com says...

> SEE! YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE SOURCE. THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT.
> AFTERMARKET INKS ARE AND REMAIN A MYSTERY. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE
> GETTING.

Sounds like inkystinky gets his printer info from Forrest Gump.

inkystinky@oem.com (measekite the troll) wrote:

> OEM IS CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN IF YOU DO NOT PRINT MUCH SINCE YOU WILL
> NOT CLOG YOUR PRINTHEAD.

Clogging has very little to do with whether you use third-party or
the printer manufacturers ink. All the evidence suggests the it has far
more to do with the environment in which the printer is stored and the
way it is used.

I suggest you check back through previous messages posted by this troll,
OM, before considering whether to give his rantings any credence. He has
never used third-party inks and has no idea what he's talking about.

Jon.

inkystinky@oem.com (measekite the sociopathic troll) wrote:

>>Many of us on this newsgroup
>>use aftermarket inks successfully.

> BUT THE MAJORITY HAVE TROUBLE.

An unsubstantiated assertion. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest
that that's true and it's entirely contrary to the impression of all the
regular newsgroup users who have commented on this claim.

Jon.

Frank wrote:

> OM wrote:
>
>>> Do you think it might be useful to a discussion to reveal the make
>>> and model
>>> of your printer?
>>

>> thanks for the reply.
>> i have a canon ip4000 and an epson cx5200.
>>
> I use only after market ink carts in my canon i9900 with excellent
> results both in color and function (never had a clogged print head).
> Strongly suggest you visit Neil Slade's site for good background info
> and the Nifty forum which is a good discussion forum for people who
> either use these products or seek information about using them.

He is a member of the fotofreek church on the nifty site.

Taliesyn wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>
>> OEM IS CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN IF YOU DO NOT PRINT MUCH SINCE YOU
>> WILL NOT CLOG YOUR PRINTHEAD.
>>

> "OEM is cheaper in the long run", Measekite shouts.
>
> "SPONGEBOB ECONOMICS" from Measekite, as usual.
>
> In the real world here in Canada, just 6 sets of Canon OEM cartridges
> cost as much as 6 new Canon printers (iP4000) with cartridges. In other
> words, $774 CDN

The real world is not there.

> On the other hand, 6 sets of compatible cartridges in Canada can be had
> for about $150. Sorry, "BUT IN THE LONG RUN" I prefer to have the $624
> difference in cost sitting in my wallet. However, in Measekite's
> narrow-minded world he seems to think that if I buy OEM ink and spend
> $624 MORE FOR INK than I really have to that it's some kind of twisted
> long term money saving plan. No, it's total deficit. The money would
> go to Canon, not me.
>
> And from following this newsgroup for years I have noticed absolutely
> no difference in clogging numbers

Bullshit

> between OEM and non-OEM inks. I use
> non-OEM inks exclusively in two printers, moderate use. The simple fact
> is that ANY printer will clog if not used on a regular basis, regardless
> of brand of ink used. What is "regular basis?" It varies with your
> home environment. But perhaps when you start requiring head cleanings,
> that would be a sign that it is being under used.
>
> -Taliesyn

SOUNDS LIKE PECKERBLOOMER HAS THE IQ OF FOREST GUMP.

Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

>In article <lWqJe.1216$zr1.943@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
>inkystinky@oem.com says...
>

>>SEE! YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE SOURCE. THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT.
>>AFTERMARKET INKS ARE AND REMAIN A MYSTERY. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE
>>GETTING.
>>

>Sounds like inkystinky gets his printer info from Forrest Gump.

Read Consumer Reports. They have had reviews of refills and compatibles. In
general they don't recommend either but they do have good info on the best
(and worst).

JohnP

"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me, which is cheaper: refill inks or compatibles?
>
> I've become a fan of compatibles, they're dirt cheap (well compared to
> the original manufacturer ones).
> I've always been against using refills because opening them up is a
> messy process.
> (Well... at least this is what had in mind, having never actually had a
> go at doing it!!)
>
> So... which is cheaper?
> Is there a difference in results?
>
> And... I've read that an ink cartridge should only be used X amount of
> times before being replaced with the genuine model.
> Is this true?
> Why?
> Why would it not be a good idea to buy a compatible ink cartridge?
>
> Thanks.
>

> OM

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

John Pezzano wrote:
> Read Consumer Reports. They have had reviews of refills and compatibles. In
> general they don't recommend either but they do have good info on the best
> (and worst).

<------------------------------------------------------------->

That's all well and good but you must also read the many positive
reviews from experienced users such as myself that have been and
continue to be posted in this ng.
The only oem ink carts I have used over the last approximately 10yrs
have been the ones that originally came with the printer when purchased
new. After that I use only after market inks without...let me repeat
that... WITHOUT...any color or head clogging problems whatsoever.
There must be hundred of thousands of users with positive experiences
just like mine.
Otherwise these suppliers of after market inks, refills and empty carts
would cease to exist according to the economic laws and forces of a free
market.
Frank

John Pezzano wrote:

>Read Consumer Reports. They have had reviews of refills and compatibles. In
>general they don't recommend either but they do have good info on the best
>(and worst).

Yeah they say you can get a clogged printhead, faded prints, and poor
colors.

All of the above

>JohnP
>
>"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>Can someone tell me, which is cheaper: refill inks or compatibles?
>>
>>I've become a fan of compatibles, they're dirt cheap (well compared to
>>the original manufacturer ones).
>>I've always been against using refills because opening them up is a
>>messy process.
>>(Well... at least this is what had in mind, having never actually had a
>>go at doing it!!)
>>
>>So... which is cheaper?
>>Is there a difference in results?
>>
>>And... I've read that an ink cartridge should only be used X amount of
>>times before being replaced with the genuine model.
>>Is this true?
>>Why?
>>Why would it not be a good idea to buy a compatible ink cartridge?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>>OM

zakezuke

> He fails to realize that he (or anyone else who chooses to do so), can
> recover the cost of the printer in 2 refills, with no increase in risk
> of clogging (in my 8 years of experience refilling, vs. his 0
> experience)

Sounds reasonable... let's check that... using the ip4000 as a
reference... mis refill kit.

$39.95 plus shipping of 4.90 fex-ex ground. total $54.85

2oz of ink each color.. 28.375/oz = 56.75ml... 5 colors = 283.75ml or
an average price of 0.1933c/ml... this cost includes syrenges,
refillable carts at $5.00 per, and a glove.

The black contains 25ml and costs $4.8325 to refill using this kit
Each color contains 15ml and costs $2.8995 by 4 $11.598

You get 2.27 refills of pigment black
you get 3.78 refills of pigment black

Canon OEM inks cost $13.00 for the pigmented black
$11.50 /color or $46 for a set. Grand total of $59.00

The kit value of only 2oz of ink/each represents $29.51 in pigmented
black inks, $178.88 in color inks for a total of $203.39.

Conclusion... given you save $148.54 based on my estimates... even
paying for refillable tanks, syrenges, a glove or two, ink and
shipping. The savings would be higher if you bought more ink at a
time, and didn't buy refillable tanks each time. Even if you clog after
using 2oz of ink... and have to buy either a head valued at $60 or a
new printer at $120... you still save money.

But is irwin's statement correct that one can recover the cost of the
printer in two refills?
$26 of black $23 color * 4 = 92 total $118.
50ml black... 15ml color *4 = 90ml color
0.1933c/ml
50ml black = $9.665
90ml colors = $17.397
--------------------------------
$27.062

$118-$27.062 = $90.938 savings after two refills

Compusa price of the ip4000.... $100.00 or $80.00 with a rebate.

Sorry irwin... unless you get a rebate or sell off the oem inks that
came with the printer, assuming the cost of the ink refill kit at mis
it would take exactly 2.2 refills to equal the cost of a new printer,
and not 2. However, if you already own syrenges, and a hot glue gun...
you would could be very much correct in all likelyhood.

But given that you don't have to replace the whole printer, just the
printhead, which is valued at about $60, this would make your statement
very much true.

BURT

"John Pezzano" <jpezz@myway.com> wrote in message
> Read Consumer Reports. They have had reviews of refills and compatibles.
> In general they don't recommend either but they do have good info on the
> best (and worst).

(snip)

John - Have you tried any of the aftermarket inks or spoken to anyone who
has? Consumers is correct in that you have to be very selective with these
products. I've read every issue of Consumers Reports for more than 20
years and also gone online to their site and read the info there as well.
None of the brands they covered are those that are reported as being used
successfully on this ng, Neil Slade's site, or the Nifty forum (a site that
deals most with aftermarket inks and computer maintenance). As far as I can
tell, they reviewed aftermarket cartridges that are available in the large
office supply stores. generally, the aftermarket carts at these stores are
too close in price to the OEM carts to bother. There was no review of the
bulk inks, used for refilling that have been reported on this NG, Slade's
site, or Nifty-stuff forum. A few quotes from the 09/05 dated online
reference to aftermarket inks:
"A FEW GOOD INKS Printpal (OA100), Carrot Ink, and Amazon Imaging did well,
but other off-brands were worse than brand names, and no cheaper."

"Some off-brands produced very good photos at a slightly lower per-print
cost than the brand names. They'd be smart choices when economy is more
important than excellent photo quality. Off-brands have more to offer for
printing text. With some off-brands, you can get excellent black text at a
good price."

"These and other findings are the results of a four-month study for which we
bought more than 500 inkjet cartridges across the U.S., and produced more
than 35,000 prints on printers from three of the top inkjet printer brands."

Although I have great respect for Consumers, my experience tells me that
these articles are somewhat misleading. The best inks that have been
reported by experienced users, myself included, on this NG are bulk inks by
MIS, Hobbicolors, or Formulabs (from Alotofthings). Although they do
require the user refilling OEM or aftermarket cartridges or filling empty
cartridges that are available online, they produce excellent results. In my
case I refill cartridges with MIS bulk inks and get excellent photo quality.
I have compared these prints side-by-side with the same files printed with
OEM ink on the same printer and the MIS prints are equal in appearance to
the OEM prints. One year of use with moderate printing loads and I've had
NO clogging. Refilling is fast and easy, and the mess is minimal. Ron Cohen
and Taliesyn report the same with Formulabs inks and Stevelee reports
excellent results with Hobbicolors bulk inks and their empty cartridges.
Frank has reported excellent results with aftermarket inks.

Some users of aftermarket prefilled cartridges (at much lower cost than
those that Consumers reported on) have had good results and some have not.
Neil Slade and Nifty-Stuff sites have lots of info on both aftermarket
prefilled carts and bulk inks that have been used successfully.

There is only one person who posts messages on this NG who knocks all these
products and refilling. He has had NO (read ZERO) experience with the
products, refilling, or the vendors who sell them. Easy to recognize his
messages as he has forgotten how to print in lower case and posts derogatory
oneliners about anyone with whom he disagrees. Best to killfile him as I
have.

Burt wrote:

>"John Pezzano" <jpezz@myway.com> wrote in message
>

>>Read Consumer Reports. They have had reviews of refills and compatibles.
>>In general they don't recommend either but they do have good info on the
>>best (and worst).
>>

>(snip)
>
>John - Have you tried any of the aftermarket inks or spoken to anyone who
>has?

He does not want a clog churchie

>Consumers is correct in that you have to be very selective with these
>products. I've read every issue of Consumers Reports for more than 20
>years and also gone online to their site and read the info there as well.
>None of the brands

Hey jerkm there are not BRANDS. All of the vendors who sell aftermarket
ink will not tell you what they are selling you and will never tell you
when changes occurr. They just like to misrepresent directly or
indirectly by ommission.

>they covered are those that are reported as being used
>successfully on this ng, Neil Slade's

Hey fotofreek is the moderator there. That is you Burtie Furtie.
Nobody will ever get the truth there.

>site, or the Nifty forum (a site that
>deals most with aftermarket inks and computer maintenance). As far as I can
>tell, they reviewed aftermarket cartridges that are available in the large
>office supply stores. generally, the aftermarket carts at these stores are
>too close in price to the OEM carts to bother. There was no review of the
>bulk inks, used for refilling that have been reported on this NG, Slade's
>site, or Nifty-stuff forum.

The moderator will tell you.

>A few quotes from the 09/05 dated online
>reference to aftermarket inks:
>"A FEW GOOD INKS Printpal (OA100), Carrot Ink, and Amazon Imaging did well,
>but other off-brands were worse than brand names, and no cheaper."

NON OF THE ABOVE ARE BRANDED. THEY ARE UNBRANDED GENERIC INKS THAT ARE
GIVEN A LABEL BY THE PERSON WHO SELLS THEM. WHY I COULD MARKET THEM IF
I WANT AND CALL THEM INKY STINKY. I GUESS IF I DID THE CHURCH MEMBERS
WOULD TOUT THEM AS WELL.

>"Some off-brands produced very good photos at a slightly lower per-print
>cost than the brand names.

THERE ARE NO BRAND NAMES OTHER THAN CANON, EPSON, AND HP.

>They'd be smart choices when economy is more
>important than excellent photo quality. Off-brands have more to offer for
>printing text. With some off-brands, you can get excellent black text at a
>good price."
>

>"These and other findings are the results of a four-month study for which we
>bought more than 500 inkjet cartridges across the U.S., and produced more
>than 35,000 prints on printers from three of the top inkjet printer brands."
>
>Although I have great respect for Consumers, my experience tells me that
>these articles are not misleading.

SNIPIDE DO DA

> Although they do
>require the user refilling OEM or aftermarket cartridges

AND WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS IT IS

>or filling empty
>cartridges that are available online, they produce excellent results. In my
>case I refill cartridges with

SNIP

>bulk inks and get excellent photo quality.
>I have compared these prints side-by-side with the same files printed with
>OEM ink on the same printer and the MIS prints are equal in appearance to
>the OEM prints.
>

>There is only one person who posts messages on this NG who knocks all these
>products and refilling.

JUST LIKE YOU - I READ THE FOLLOWING

CONSUMER REPORTS
PC WORLD
PC MAGAZINE
MANY FORUMS AND NEWSGROUPS

WHERE PEOPLE HAVE HAD MANY PRINTER PROBLEMS INCLUDING CLOGGING.

THE ONLY JUSTIFICATION THAT I CAN THINK OF FOR PUTTING UP WITH THE
WHORES IN THIS INDUSTRY AND RISK A CLOGGED PRINT HEAD IS IF YOUR PRINT
LOAD IS SO VERY HIGH THAT YOU CAN RECOVER THE COST OF THE PRINTER BEFORE
IT CLOGS.

In article <NgWJe.948$dk5.572@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
inkystinky@oem.com says... Bizarrely:

> THERE ARE NO BRAND NAMES OTHER THAN CANON, EPSON, AND HP.

Words of a "true believer" hence the jihad against all aftermarket inks.

then, inkystinky@oem.com says... with no thought at all, says:

"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1123575695.906758.196240
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>> He fails to realize that he (or anyone else who chooses to do so), can
>> recover the cost of the printer in 2 refills, with no increase in risk
>> of clogging (in my 8 years of experience refilling, vs. his 0
>> experience)

(edited)

> Compusa price of the ip4000.... $100.00 or $80.00 with a rebate.

Up here in Canada we can now buy an iP4000 with 5 new cartridges included
for the same amount as 5 new cartridges alone! . . . Hence the old saying,
"They give you the printer and grab you by the tentacles (typo!) when you try
to buy an ounce of ink." Even braindead Measekite can see the pimping attempt
here from the printer maker to get you hooked on their product.

Everyone keeps crying about the price of oil per barrel. Has anyone calculated
the price of OEM ink "per barrel"? Close to a million dollars? Can someone
do the math here. I can't, it's too early in the morning. Anyway, my cyan just
flashed that it's low. Time to buy a new printer! <Linda>