Core 2 Duo in Elonex Lumina

Elonex do not provide details of the socket that their 3GHz Pentium 4 CPU with Hyper Threading is plugged into. The box is integrated into the back of a 32 inch lcd and has 20+ bolts to stop all but the keenest from opening it. I am not quite that desparate yet and was wondering whether anyone knew whether it could be upgraded to a Core 2 Duo.
6 answers Last reply
More about core elonex lumina
  1. I hadn't seen that before. Looks nice, just hard to upgrade. It's based on the 865G chipset, so no C2D. A Pentium D might work, although you'd have to check the motherboard/call manufacture. That is if you comfortable taking apart a the thing.
  2. Quote:
    I hadn't seen that before. Looks nice, just hard to upgrade. It's based on the 865G chipset, so no C2D. A Pentium D might work, although you'd have to check the motherboard/call manufacture. That is if you comfortable taking apart a the thing.

I agree with you, as it could even be an old socket 478 chip in there.
  3. Quote:
    Elonex do not provide details of the socket that their 3GHz Pentium 4 CPU with Hyper Threading is plugged into. The box is integrated into the back of a 32 inch lcd and has 20+ bolts to stop all but the keenest from opening it. I am not quite that desparate yet and was wondering whether anyone knew whether it could be upgraded to a Core 2 Duo.

No, sorry. The motherboard in the Elonex Lumina uses an Intel 865G with ICH5 Chipset. Which means it's socket 478 thus not going to be able to support the Core 2 Duo (newer socket 775).
  4. It doesn't mean that its S478. They make lots of S775 boards with 865G. It could be either, which might give him the option of a Pentium D 775. :P
  5. Having just taken one to bits and rebuilt it, I can definitively state that it's a 478 socket.
    It's built around FIC VL93 motherboard, Radeon 9600 Graphics, Hauppage WinTV Card.
  6. There are two versions of this all in one beauty..

Neither one can be upgraded to a Core 2 Duo or a Dual Core 2180 etc

One is based on a socket 478 and the other a early 775 motherboard designed for the later p4's et al.

I got Sims 2 working comfortably on it with the new ATI Drivers ( a socket 478 variant ).

I think FIC made this for Elonex but i had one appart and it was one of the early all in one pc's.

All the best
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core