Hiding encrypted files

I know how to restrict access to files using encryption. However, the files
themselves are still in plain view to anyone with admin access to my pc.
Since this is a shared pc, is there a way to COMPLETELY HIDE my files?
Specifically, I'd like to encrypt the folder such that it cannot be opened,
and that another admin cannot take ownership of the folder and thereby gain
access to it.

Is this possible? To completely hide files from other admins?

Tim

Tim

No, there is no solution for this within the operating system. You will
need to use removable drives or third party solutions in order to get this
functionality.

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

"Tim Kowal" <nospam@thank.you> wrote:

>I know how to restrict access to files using encryption. However, the files
>themselves are still in plain view to anyone with admin access to my pc.
>Since this is a shared pc, is there a way to COMPLETELY HIDE my files?
>Specifically, I'd like to encrypt the folder such that it cannot be opened,
>and that another admin cannot take ownership of the folder and thereby gain
>access to it.
>
>Is this possible? To completely hide files from other admins?
>
>Tim

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I suppose I could compress the files and
encrypt it and that would keep users out, right?

"Bjorn Landemoo" <mvp2.REMOVE@landemoo.com> wrote in message
> Tim
>
> No, there is no solution for this within the operating system. You will
> need to use removable drives or third party solutions in order to get this
> functionality.
>
> Best regards
>
> Bjorn
> --
> Bjorn Landemoo - mvp2@landemoo.com - http://landemoo.com/
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)
>
> "Tim Kowal" <nospam@thank.you> wrote:
>
> >I know how to restrict access to files using encryption. However, the
files
> >themselves are still in plain view to anyone with admin access to my pc.
> >Since this is a shared pc, is there a way to COMPLETELY HIDE my files?
> >Specifically, I'd like to encrypt the folder such that it cannot be
opened,
> >and that another admin cannot take ownership of the folder and thereby
gain
> >access to it.
> >
> >Is this possible? To completely hide files from other admins?
> >
> >Tim

Tim

A domain administrator should still be able to decrypt your files, and you
cannot both compress and encrypt, it is either compress or encrypt.