Grant file sharing permissions

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 23, 2004 5:38:21 PM

Hi Folks,

Someone can help me ... I'd like to do a complex share,
let me explain:

I want to create a top share and inside that one I will
create many others shares, but I want let who have rights
to access that folder can see it, user who doenst have
rights to access them could not see that folders.

Thanks for any help
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 12:26:30 PM

Common request from those with NetWare backgrounds. Windows is different.
You can control access via NTFS permissions, but people will see the
folders, even if they don't have access to them. Why not set up shares
w/different folder trees?

d:\data\share1\folders
d:\data\share2\folders

You can set up the shares themselves as 'hidden' if you put a $ at the end
of the share name. Nobody can browse them, then.

!