Server service

Hello,

I use windows 2000 advanced server, and I noticed that "server
service" is not available.

In other words, when I try to list the running services via teh
following command:

net statistics

Only workstation service show up.

If I try to execute the following command:

Net Start Server

I encounter the following error: "The service name is invalid"

I rebooted the system and executed the same commands above, but
with no success or progress.

Currently Service pack 4 is already loaded.

In the event viewer > Application log

The following error about server service:

"Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data
will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0. " EVENT
ID is 2004

In the system log there is another message as follows:

"The Distributed File System service depends on the following
nonexistent service: LanmanServer" Event ID 7003

If anyone ever faced such problem or knows the solution, kindly
send me the solution soonest.

Kind Regards,
Mohammed Taher

You'll need to bind "File and Printer Sharing" to the connection. Control
Panel|Network|"connection"|Properties

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional