Problem installing Win2000 Pro

DSpada

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
I just got an Athlon 1.2 with a A7A266 motherboard and I am now trying to install windows 2000, but after I boot up all 4 install disk I get a blue screen, a STOP message more precisely, mentioning an unhandled exception in the ntoskrnl.exe

Any ideas what it could be?

I put in an old 4X Cd-ROM and 2MB video Card temporarily, maybe it's defective or unsupported (untested as of yet)

Thanks in advance.

[Insert witty comment here]

G

you need a 12x cd-rom (min requirements) see the HCL (hardware compatability list) for more details on microsofts web site. make sure all your equipment is supported. more importantly, though, make sure your machine meets the minimum requirements.......

ignore everything i say

DSpada

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
I am going to put in my old Voodoo3 tonight, and then try putting in my 4X SCSI CDROM (Another one) (I don't think you need a 12X though, as I've had that little CDROM forever and it's always worked great for evrything, the SCSI factor helps...)

If it still doesn't work, I'll wait until I get my new gear. The video card is most probably the culprit though as I think it crashes just when it is supposed to go into graphics mode (I think). It's an archaic little piece of technology ;)

Thanks for your input

[Insert witty comment here]

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
What you could try in the meantime is creating the 4 bootdisks, copying the i386 folder to the hard drive and booting from the floppys and try installing that way, I'd also remove anything but the video card, I had a similar prob, turned out to be my NIC, once all was setup, I put the NIC back and installed no problem.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers