Can someone help to educate me on this., E mail me direct!

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Can any of you explain what this does? The icon that looks like a little
coffee cup on the bottom in the icon..Sorry to be so lame, I have no clue on
Java & would like to know in laymans terms about it, what it is & what it
does?

Thanks Dave hybriddave@verizon.net

That is the Java runtime that is needed by some web sites in order to
operate correctly. It is not a program you use for anything, but something
some other programs need for them to work. It does not show up in my
notification area until a program activates it.

Java is a programming language and the Java runtime translates Java scripted
instructions into machine instructions for your specific computer.