Can't delete a file or the directories that it's in

Ron

I have an MP3 file in a directory that I can't delete. If
I click on the file and hit delete, nothing happens. If I
try to delete the directory that it's in, it says it can't
find that particular file. I can see the file in explorer,
though.
The main problem is that when I run ANY utilities, such as
virus scan, defrag, etc., the entire application shuts
itself down when it reaches this file.
I have done several virus scans, with no viruses found. I
have also run chkdsk /f several times, again, with no
problems found.
Help!

Thanks,

Ron

Hi, Ron.

A technique that often works is to open a "DOS" window and use the Remove
Directory command with the /s switch, which removes the specified foldername
and everything below it, subfolders, files and all. Like this:

rd <foldername> /s

You might need to first type dir /x to get a directory showing the 8.3
filename and rd that name.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA