Printing web pages

Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?

"Trevor Appleton" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message
> Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?

Epson has a free utility called "Web to Page" which automatically fits a web
page on a paper in the portrait orientation. If you don't have an Epson, you
could check out the web site of your printer's manufacturer and see if they
have something similar. One caveat, it only works with IE and not FF.

It's called Firefox (Mozilla)
Check it out.

"Trevor Appleton" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message
> Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?

zakezuke

> It's called Firefox (Mozilla)
> Check it out.

As a firefox user, I have to say that not everything renders well in
firefox. And from time to time printed web pages are not rendered
well, but I agree that the success rate is greater for firefox than
internet expoloder. I'd say it is worth looking into.

Just for laughs I decided to use MS-word to print a webpage thinking
since word is designed to deal with printing documents it "should" be
able to render a simiple webpage. While you can put urls driectly on
the open line... It didn't work at all... I got three lines and that's
it. Stupid word.

BURT

"ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Trevor Appleton" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?
>>

> Epson has a free utility called "Web to Page" which automatically fits a
> web page on a paper in the portrait orientation. If you don't have an
> Epson, you could check out the web site of your printer's manufacturer and
> see if they have something similar. One caveat, it only works with IE and
> not FF.

I believe that Canon also has such a utility.

"ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Epson has a free utility called "Web to Page" which automatically fits a
web
> page on a paper in the portrait orientation. If you don't have an Epson,
you
> could check out the web site of your printer's manufacturer and see if
they
> have something similar. One caveat, it only works with IE and not FF.

Not found under this name 7 Aug. 2005.
Where does Epson store this software?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Well there's not much you can do with a poorly formatted page, or with
images and banners that are too wide, but those few pages that don't do well
in Firefox can usually be printed in landscape very nicely.

In article <5adc$42f66312$50e5af86$16599@nf5.news-service.com>,
trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com (Trevor Appleton) wrote:

> Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?

Whether a Web page will fit on a A4 sheet depends on the size of the Web
page. A simple way to get the page /width/ to fit an A4 sheet is to print
in landscape mode. Whether the page /height/ will fit depends on how deep
it is.

Jon.

In article <1123459734.843531.161350@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
zakezuke_us@yahoo.com (zakezuke) wrote:

> Just for laughs I decided to use MS-word to print a webpage thinking
> since word is designed to deal with printing documents...

A laugh indeed! It may be designed for formatting documents but I don't
think very much design went into the printing side. Had it, Word would at
least support printer profiles.

Jon.

Burt wrote:

>"ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote in message
>

>>"Trevor Appleton" <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?
>>>

>>Epson has a free utility called "Web to Page" which automatically fits a
>>web page on a paper in the portrait orientation. If you don't have an
>>Epson, you could check out the web site of your printer's manufacturer and
>>see if they have something similar. One caveat, it only works with IE and
>>not FF.
>>

>I believe that Canon also has such a utility.

:-D

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 02:19 +0100 (BST), Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com (Jon
O'Brien) wrote:

>In article <5adc$42f66312$50e5af86$16599@nf5.news-service.com>,
>trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com (Trevor Appleton) wrote:
>
>> Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?
>
>Whether a Web page will fit on a A4 sheet depends on the size of the Web
>page. A simple way to get the page /width/ to fit an A4 sheet is to print
>in landscape mode. Whether the page /height/ will fit depends on how deep
>it is.

If you have an Epson printer, get their Web-to-Page utility

--

E.S.

Been a problem here as well.

Free Canon/Epson web to print programs work for most things, but won't
work for things like web attachments inside Outlook and other pages that
are too big on screen to print to a page correctly.

The solution that does work across the board?

http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp
SnagIt (commercial product) - has auto-scrolling capability to capture
the entire page (even if part of it is off the screen) and print it just
fine.

Alan

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:37:54 +0100, "Trevor Appleton"
<trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote:

>Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?

Try Fineprint, at www.fineprint.com. I think it runs unregistered with
a text ad on the bottom of the page.

Elmer Spudd wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 02:19 +0100 (BST), Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com (Jon
> O'Brien) wrote:
>
>>In article <5adc$42f66312$50e5af86$16599@nf5.news-service.com>,
>>trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com (Trevor Appleton) wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?
>>
>>Whether a Web page will fit on a A4 sheet depends on the size of the Web
>>page. A simple way to get the page /width/ to fit an A4 sheet is to print
>>in landscape mode. Whether the page /height/ will fit depends on how deep
>>it is.
>>

> If you have an Epson printer, get their Web-to-Page utility
> --
> E.S.
Caveat: that only works with Windows

David Chien wrote:

> Been a problem here as well.
>
> Free Canon/Epson web to print programs work for most things, but won't
> work for things like web attachments inside Outlook and other pages that
> are too big on screen to print to a page correctly.
>
> The solution that does work across the board?
>
> http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp
> SnagIt (commercial product) - has auto-scrolling capability to capture
> the entire page (even if part of it is off the screen) and print it just
> fine.

Only available for Windows....

Alan wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:37:54 +0100, "Trevor Appleton"
> <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?
>>

> Try Fineprint, at www.fineprint.com. I think it runs unregistered with
> a text ad on the bottom of the page.

Another Windows-only solution.

In article <cgqef1lc60j9r4mn0fglpakrklteito999@4ax.com>,
elmer.spudd@ultrafunk.com (Elmer Spudd) wrote:

> If you have an Epson printer, get their Web-to-Page utility

Only works in the spawn-of-the-devil browser.

Jon.

Hi Trevor
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:37:54 +0100, "Trevor Appleton"
<trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote:

>Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?

For what it's worth, if there are problems in printing a web
page in portrait mode then switch to landscape. You might have to
use extra paper but you won't lose the edges of the web page.

No doubt someone out there will disaggree with this but it
HAS worked for me from time to time.

Regards.

Jim
Down By The River Plym
www.jkindon.freeserve.co.uk
A reply to an offer of help is always courtious.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:15:21 GMT, Jim Kindon wrote:

> Hi Trevor
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:37:54 +0100, "Trevor Appleton"
> <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there any secret to printing web pages and getting it all on A4?
>>
> For what it's worth, if there are problems in printing a web
> page in portrait mode then switch to landscape. You might have to
> use extra paper but you won't lose the edges of the web page.
>
> No doubt someone out there will disaggree with this but it
> HAS worked for me from time to time.
>
> Regards.
>
> Jim
> Down By The River Plym
> www.jkindon.freeserve.co.uk
> A reply to an offer of help is always courtious.

Any decent printer will have settings that will allow you to do so. "Fit
To Page" is one. A "custom" setting of some sort that will allow you to
print at less than 100% is another. Some browsers will allow you view at
less than 100%.
--
r.s.nevin@att.net

TRENDING THREADS