Sign in with
Your question

Strange device on my computer network

Last response: in Windows 7
May 23, 2011 4:40:47 PM

Hello,
I see strange device among my list of devices and printer with the name Hitachi HTS543216L9A30.

Any idea what this could be? never seen it before I upgraded to windows 7. Do you think the great Windows 7 might just have uncovered something strange that has been eluded me all this while?

Please help, i need to know what this device is. Thanks anyone
a c 215 $ Windows 7
May 23, 2011 5:52:58 PM

The Hitatchi HTS543216L9A30 is a 160GB Hitatchi Travelstar hard drive.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
May 23, 2011 5:53:29 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Networking to section Windows 7 by The_Prophecy
m
l
Related resources
a c 395 $ Windows 7
May 23, 2011 6:03:28 PM

its probably your hard drive!
m
l
May 26, 2011 9:11:23 AM

The_Prophecy said:
The Hitatchi HTS543216L9A30 is a 160GB Hitatchi Travelstar hard drive.

@ The Prophecy: thanks a lot for responding....

I would certainly be laughing at myself if this is true and it is my own hard drive... because i have been a lot scared so it would be a relief. The situation seem scary since what brought it to my notice is the little usb icon at the lower left hand corner of my menu bars...you know, like the ones that appear to show you when a flash drive or other is connected and you can eject it after use!!!.... this is exactly how this usb icon behaves it provides an eject option so you see my plight.

Can you say what procedure I can use to determine if this is really my hard drive?
I feel better already though thanks so much for your brotherly care.
m
l
May 26, 2011 9:19:04 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
its probably your hard drive!

@Area51reopen:

thanks a lot for responding....

I would certainly be laughing at myself if this is true and it is my own hard drive... i have been scared too much that this might just be some strange storage device from out of space and not in 'my little tiny network world'. I think it is too easy for people to be hacked and have little or no knowledge how to fight off such atroscities. It certainly would be a relief if it is my own hard drive I can tell you. My next question is: how to determine if it is my hard drive? Thanks again
m
l
!