P5B Deluxe memory

qwazzy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
I need memory for this mobo. I had G SKill but RMA'ed it because it sucks. What 2 GB kit would u recommend?

Specs:

E6600
P5B Deluxe
Antec SP 500
7600GT

nikolokolus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
which g.skill modules did you use? I've had great luck with my CAS 4 DDR2 800 modules on a p5b-deluxe.

But, if you're in the mood for different RAM, I've always had great luck with mushkin and crucial . . . a little hint: Mushkin offers great academic discounts for college students, if that helps. Or of course there is always corsair.

ornryactor

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
I'm wondering the same thing- RAM is basically the last thing I need to make my new rig go, but I don't even know where to start. I've read all about how picky ASUS boards are, and how you need to get the right timings, etc. I'm lost. I tried using Crucial.com's analysis tool, but they don't have newer ASUS boards listed as choices.

My setup:
P5B Deluxe WiFi
Conroe E6400
MSI X1800XT

(Those are the only components that would make a difference for RAM, right?)

I'd like to get memory that isn't terribly expensive, since I've already spent so much building this, but I don't want to cheap out on it, either. I'll be doing light to moderate overclocking within the first couple months, and I'd like to move on to heavier OCing down the road. 2GB would probably be a good starting point, I would think, since 4GB kits seem to be quite pricey. Is there anything else I should be considering?

And I am a college student, so arrangements like Mushkin's could be of value to me.

Latest posts