troubles with vpc32.exe

I got a spy virus in C:\\WINDOWS\system\vpc32.exe, so I removed it. Now that
I'm trying to install my Wireless notebook adapter (Linksys model WPC11,
802.11b) is not possible to run the setup CD. What can I do now?
1 answer Last reply
More about troubles vpc32

    Why can't you run the cd? Try running the system file checker. It replaces
    corrupted system files.
    Start>Run and then type in the Open box "sfc /scannow" no quotes and a space
    before the '/'.

    "Sonia" <Sonia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I got a spy virus in C:\\WINDOWS\system\vpc32.exe, so I removed it. Now
    >that
    > I'm trying to install my Wireless notebook adapter (Linksys model WPC11,
    > 802.11b) is not possible to run the setup CD. What can I do now?

Windows XP