Epson Stylus Photo RX500 Win 7 driver

I reformatted my HD, and reinstalled Win 7 Home Premium, and Office 10

Before it happily printed with those programs; now they say that printer won't work with Win 7.
2 answers Last reply
More about epson stylus photo rx500 driver
  1. Go here and get either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the drivers you need and install them. Good luck!

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=26321&infoType=Downloads
  2. James Muir said:
    I reformatted my HD, and reinstalled Win 7 Home Premium, and Office 10

Before it happily printed with those programs; now they say that printer won't work with Win 7.

------------------------------

Hi,

I posted on driverguide.com on Dec 22, 2014 a procedure on how to install Smart Panel and the Twain drivers on WIN7. It took me awhile. Look for a sniffer guy's posting under RX500.

The problem is WIN7 does not install the proper 32-bit driver(s) from the Epson CDR. On D'G'.com you can get driver 12285.exe, 22MB, as the proper twain driver. Search for just RX500, then WIN7 on the left column.

It is the twain driver for both VISTA 32 and 64 bit to be used on by a user on a WIN7-64-bit machine. It works. Do not install the CDR driver software. It will fail at the reader.exe error. If you did that install, you will have to start all over.

The Smart Panel 3.04A install from the Epson CDR, will hang with an error message but just wait; it will install in a few minutes and the error message will disappear. It may appear to be a dead install but it's not. Click on Finished at the end, I think it was.

Summary: Backup the registry FIRST with regedit's export option under file. Then, I had to clean out the registry entries at /software/epson/ in USERS (for sure) and Local Machine (maybe), rename the Epson registry folders to E OLD PSON, exit, delete all Control panel Epson listed programs you can (Can't do that? Use CrapCleaner.), delete disk drive epson folders in both program files folders, add a printer in C.Panel, set RX500 to the default, install S.Panel, and then run 12285.exe by running the extracted setup program in C:\Epson\12285-etc.\setup.exe.

All this was necessary to make sure all older installs were totally gone before reinstalling the clean selected Epson software above to get Epson Scan and SMART PANEL to work to make reprints of photographs in WIN7-64-bit Home Premium. 'Create' didn't seem to be highlight for me, but the rest of the SP window icons worked for me.

This was not fun...NOT FUN. But, it worked for me. None of this is listed anywhere that I could find.

Remember, ref to drivers: You need all this stuff: 'install Smart Panel only' from the CDR to start, 'add a printer', and 'install the 12285 VISTA twain driver(s)'. Never install or check off the original CDR drivers you got with the RX500 Scanner. However, it is THE ONLY source you have for Smart Panel! Make a backup CDR for sure! Then in a different CDR; back up 12285, its extracted C:\Epson\ folder, and a MSWORD 'prtscn' screen dump to WORD showing the driverguide.com web page address of where you got 12285.exe. Only 10 downloads of 12285? Really? Only eleven guys figured this out?

HTH,

Stefan
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Stylus Photo Epson Windows 7