tablet pc brings down a site network!

This is weird - anyone any ideas?

Toshiba Portege M200 with a built in Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG network
card and windows XP.

When this connects to any access point our site's complete network
backbone freezes.
Its consistent, Toshiba replaced the card (or so they say) and it still
happens.

I dont have access to diagnostic tools on the network and my next
step would be to isolate the thing behind a linux box analyser.

But any suggestions? (I'm a unix sysadmin and not a comms guy and I dont
have access to the backbone (nortel boxes btw). What should I look
for?

cheers,
1 answer Last reply
More about tablet brings site network

    Zipo wrote:

    > This is weird - anyone any ideas?
    >
    > Toshiba Portege M200 with a built in Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG network
    > card and windows XP.
    >
    > When this connects to any access point our site's complete network
    > backbone freezes.
    > Its consistent, Toshiba replaced the card (or so they say) and it still
    > happens.
    >
    > I dont have access to diagnostic tools on the network and my next
    > step would be to isolate the thing behind a linux box analyser.
    >
    > But any suggestions? (I'm a unix sysadmin and not a comms guy and I dont
    > have access to the backbone (nortel boxes btw). What should I look
    > for?

    Use ethereal, to see what's coming out of the table and onto the network.

Networking