AUTOEXEC.NT

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

AFTER REMOVING ADWARE AND SPYWARE INVASIONS I NOW GET THE
FOLLOWING ERROR WHEN I BOOT. "C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32
\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close'
to terminate the application". HOW DI I FIX THIS SO THAT
IT DOESN'T POP UP WHEN I BOOT? ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE
APPRECIATED. THANKS.

First lose the caps and then Control Panel|Admin Tools|Services and set the
"AutoExNT" service to 'Manual' or 'Disabled'

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]