Folder in XP Pro is "not accessible - Access is denied"

I just recently upgraded to XP and when I tried to open certain folders I
get the following message:
"not accessible - Access is denied"

Is there a easy way to be able to access all folders on your computer
without getting the above message?

Thanks,

Charlie
3 answers Last reply
More about folder accessible access denied

    Hi

    Please see if the following helps:

    "How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Charlie" <oil_driller@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I just recently upgraded to XP and when I tried to open certain folders I
    > get the following message:
    > "not accessible - Access is denied"
    >
    > Is there a easy way to be able to access all folders on your computer
    > without getting the above message?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Charlie

    Thanks Will,

    It worked!

    > Hi
    >
    > Please see if the following helps:
    >
    > "How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp

    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Charlie" <oil_driller@msn.com> wrote in message
    > >I just recently upgraded to XP and when I tried to open certain folders I
    > > get the following message:
    > > "not accessible - Access is denied"
    > >
    > > Is there a easy way to be able to access all folders on your computer
    > > without getting the above message?
    > >

    > > Thanks,
    > >

    > > Charlie

    You're welcome - glad your problem is sorted.

    --

    > Thanks Will,
    >
    > It worked!

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Please see if the following helps:
    >>
    >> "How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
    >>
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Charlie" <oil_driller@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> >I just recently upgraded to XP and when I tried to open certain folders
    >> > get the following message:
    >> > "not accessible - Access is denied"
    >> >
    >> > Is there a easy way to be able to access all folders on your computer
    >> > without getting the above message?
    >> >

    >> > Thanks,
    >> >

    >> > Charlie

Microsoft Windows XP