Intel ucode loading error ?? Help !!

Zog

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
My first attempt at OC my new beast.....followed wusy's sticky guide to the letter but I get an error on boot......"ucode loading error" and can't load Windows. Try playing around a bit, backing of a few settings but eventually had to restore defaults to get through the boot again....

Anyone know what this error is about and how to avoid it ???

C2D E6400
P5W DH (Bios 1301)
2 GB G. Skill PC2 6400 (800Mhz DDR2)

Zog

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
Wusy..Thanks for getting back to me !

Now that I look...yeah...the CPU had been sitting around 42 C before OC and now its around 52 C. In the interim, one of my boot attemps got through but as soon as I put the system under load it climbs quickly towards 60 so I quit and shut down...

I think I need to do a serious cooling setup review. I had initially not intended to OC so I put an Arctic Cooling Alpine 7 (with Arctic MX-1) on instead of the stock fan as it is a bit quieter. I now realise that it probably does not cool any better than the stock unit. I need to look at something with a bit more grunt....maybe a zalmann or something.

I will pull of the fan and refit it to be sure I just don't have a crappy contact.

Is this error exclusivly related to temperature or can it be something else ??

m3ch

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Hi I have a P5B and I had this error right from the start without overclocking or anything, and also my temps are low (Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - why is this cooler so overlooked!?!?).

It doesn't seem to affect anything however but there are occasions where Windows just gets stuck on the screen just before you choose the User Login. Altering absolutely anything in the BIOS (including overclocking more!) fixes this problem.

Motherboard prob?

EDIT:
Apparently BIOS update fixes this problem :)

Zog

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
Thanks for the comments wusy and m3ch :D

I soaked up all the advice and went for an Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro re-fitted with a nice thin layer of Arctic MX-1...

Update the bios to 1305...

And had another go with the OC....sucess :lol:

Exactly as per your sticky wusy.....

Prime Orthos stable for 2 hours no problem.

My only concern is temp... ASUS PC Probe reports 35 idle 42 with load. coretemp reports 42 idle and 56 with load. Reading a few threads after a bit of a google I am a bit scepticle of the accuracy of both...what do you think ?

Also PCmark05 results seem odd. 6065 defore OC and 6062 after.....seems weird.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Both suck...lol.

Both programs and telling me my CPU is 256C..lol

Apparently Core Temp can only report to as low as 4C before going bonkers. And since I'm cooling bellow freezing it won't work. Asus Probe II is very much the same.

Only Speedfan works for me... reports like -25C to -15C (idle/load).