A search query results in no findings

When we perform a search for .pdf files on a network share no results are
found. We have offices in Ottawa, Vancouver and Regina. We have a File
Server running Windows 2000 Server. On this server we have created a share
that contains many pdf files.

From our Vancouver office when we try to do a search for any pdf files we
get no results. This happens from Windows XP Professional Clients and from a
Windows 2003 Server. When we try to do the search from a Windows 2000 Server
it works.

From our Ottawa office all the searching queries work correctly, it is only
from our Vancouver office that the searches do not result in anything being
found.

ANy help would be appreciated.

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 08:35:12 -0700, "Bob2705" <testa@irsr-rqpi.gc.ca> wrote:

>When we perform a search for .pdf files on a network share no results are
>found. We have offices in Ottawa, Vancouver and Regina. We have a File
>Server running Windows 2000 Server. On this server we have created a share
>that contains many pdf files.
>
>From our Vancouver office when we try to do a search for any pdf files we
>get no results. This happens from Windows XP Professional Clients and from a
>Windows 2003 Server. When we try to do the search from a Windows 2000 Server
>it works.
>
>From our Ottawa office all the searching queries work correctly, it is only
>from our Vancouver office that the searches do not result in anything being
>found.
>
>ANy help would be appreciated.

See tip 4689 and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman