exelent to use the touchscreen!

Just an odd idea(not as odd as Coffee Creatures(Creatures in Java))

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

On 2005-04-24, KinkoBlast <crbach@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hehe, i never noticed that before. anyway, wouldn't it be realy cool if
> GW released a version of DS(with or without C3) for the Nintendo DS? I
> can't see useing the two screens to the full potential, but it would be
> exelent to use the touchscreen!
>
> Just an odd idea(not as odd as Coffee Creatures(Creatures in Java))

Nah, that device wouldn't have enough computing power and even if it had
the screens are far too low resolution IMHO. And AFAIK there is no
proper way to transfer data.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

FUZZIE

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

But, yes, I'd imagine they lack the computing power .. I'd imagine you
could get away with the lack of resolution, especially since you'd have
a second screen for the UI etc, but it'd still make it fairly different
from any existing version of Creatures.

And, what's wrong with the built-in wifi?

On 2005-04-27, fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com> wrote:
> But, yes, I'd imagine they lack the computing power .. I'd imagine you
> could get away with the lack of resolution, especially since you'd have
> a second screen for the UI etc, but it'd still make it fairly different
> from any existing version of Creatures.
>
> And, what's wrong with the built-in wifi?

Pretty useless for getting a proper OS running on the device. And that's
a prequisite for doing that kind of thing.

On 2005-04-29, bd <bdonlan@bd.beginyourfear.com> wrote:

> emmel wrote:
>> On 2005-04-27, fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>But, yes, I'd imagine they lack the computing power .. I'd imagine you
>>>could get away with the lack of resolution, especially since you'd have
>>>a second screen for the UI etc, but it'd still make it fairly different
>>>from any existing version of Creatures.
>>>
>>>And, what's wrong with the built-in wifi?
>>

>> Pretty useless for getting a proper OS running on the device. And that's
>> a prequisite for doing that kind of thing.
>
> There are hacks to get user code loaded; they probably could be modified
> to use wifi.

::nods::
Would be nicer if one could use CDs or DVDs, though.
--
emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
(Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

Official AGC feedback maniac

"God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

"A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

"I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
"I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

What are you talking about? To my knowledge, SM64DS doesn't use an OS.
And someone has gotten Linux to run on the DS! Also, why use a hack?
It's called licencing the tech from Nintendo... Duh? Or did you think i
was talking about an unofficial version?

On 2005-05-13, KinkoBlast <kinkoblast@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are you talking about? To my knowledge, SM64DS doesn't use an OS.
> And someone has gotten Linux to run on the DS! Also, why use a hack?
> It's called licencing the tech from Nintendo... Duh? Or did you think i
> was talking about an unofficial version?

Yes.