Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Win 7 Upgrade Advisor Error

Last response: in Windows 7
November 13, 2009 10:48:53 PM

Running XP Pro, i7 920 , 4 gig of memory, Gig MB, GTX 9800 Video, Lan Cable connection with remote connection for printer only = going to upgrade to Win 7, however, I can't run Win 7 Advisor - after download on Windows site, I try to run and it says I am not connected to Internet.

Could it be my router is outdated for Win7?

Any suggestions = Thanks for the assist!
November 14, 2009 12:53:14 AM

Your router has NOTHING to to do with Windows7. With the hardware you have , why are you even wondering about using the Advisor? You are more than fine, update to Win7 and don't look back.
m
l
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 14, 2009 6:15:13 AM

Further to what Jonmor and marcellis said above, if you haven't already purchased 7, DO NOT buy any of the Upgrade versions. Coming from XP, you'll want to do a clean install. Trust me, you will save yourself a LOT of headaches by backing up your data and installing fresh.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
November 14, 2009 4:58:23 PM

marcellis22 said:
Your router has NOTHING to to do with Windows7. With the hardware you have , why are you even wondering about using the Advisor? You are more than fine, update to Win7 and don't look back.

I figured he must be checking to see if some older addtitional hardware/software he may have is compatible, like printer, scanner, webcam, etc.
November 15, 2009 7:09:28 PM

Thanks for all the help - You are correct Jonmor68, I want to see what is compatible in all areas - just a safe guard - I must do a clean install to upgrade from XP Pro to Win 7.

Happy days are here again!
m
l
!