Win 7 Upgrade Advisor Error

silverron

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Running XP Pro, i7 920 , 4 gig of memory, Gig MB, GTX 9800 Video, Lan Cable connection with remote connection for printer only = going to upgrade to Win 7, however, I can't run Win 7 Advisor - after download on Windows site, I try to run and it says I am not connected to Internet.

Could it be my router is outdated for Win7?

Any suggestions = Thanks for the assist!

Solution

I figured he must be checking to see if some older addtitional hardware/software he may have is compatible, like printer, scanner, webcam, etc.
Further to what Jonmor and marcellis said above, if you haven't already purchased 7, DO NOT buy any of the Upgrade versions. Coming from XP, you'll want to do a clean install. Trust me, you will save yourself a LOT of headaches by backing up your data and installing fresh.

Jonmor68

Distinguished

I figured he must be checking to see if some older addtitional hardware/software he may have is compatible, like printer, scanner, webcam, etc.

Solution

silverron

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Thanks for all the help - You are correct Jonmor68, I want to see what is compatible in all areas - just a safe guard - I must do a clean install to upgrade from XP Pro to Win 7.

Happy days are here again!