Pages look bad on HP 2300, picture link enclosed, what nee..

Hi,

I have a HP LaserJet 2300 that has started having bad looking output. Here
is a picture of what it looks like (I printed a blank page and then scanned
it). Note the toner in the lower right part of the page. It starts out
more faint and then gets worse and worse towards the bottom. If I print a
second page, it looks just the same.

I've tried to run a cleaning page through it to clean the fuser, but this
did not help.

Here is a link to what it looks like:

http://home.earthlink.net/~alank2/output.jpg

Thanks for help and advice,

Alan
4 answers Last reply
More about pages 2300 picture link enclosed

    "SA Development" <nospam38925@forme.com> wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a HP LaserJet 2300 that has started having bad looking output. Here
    >is a picture of what it looks like (I printed a blank page and then scanned
    >it). Note the toner in the lower right part of the page. It starts out
    >more faint and then gets worse and worse towards the bottom. If I print a
    >second page, it looks just the same.
    >
    >I've tried to run a cleaning page through it to clean the fuser, but this
    >did not help.
    >
    >Here is a link to what it looks like:
    >
    >http://home.earthlink.net/~alank2/output.jpg
    >
    >Thanks for help and advice,
    >
    >Alan
    At first sight it looks like a toner cartridge problem, either the PCR or the
    Magnetic sleeve in the cartridge. Have you replaced the toner cartridge?
    Tony

    Hi Tony,

    > At first sight it looks like a toner cartridge problem, either the PCR or
    > the
    > Magnetic sleeve in the cartridge. Have you replaced the toner cartridge?
    > Tony

    No, it says it still has 84% of its toner left. Should I contact HP to see
    about a replacement?

    Thanks for the help,

    Alan

    "SA Development" <nospam38925@forme.com> wrote:
    >Hi Tony,
    >
    >> At first sight it looks like a toner cartridge problem, either the PCR or
    >> the
    >> Magnetic sleeve in the cartridge. Have you replaced the toner cartridge?
    >> Tony
    >

    >No, it says it still has 84% of its toner left. Should I contact HP to see
    >about a replacement?
    >
    >Thanks for the help,
    >
    >Alan

    Alan
    If your toner cartridge reports 84% full then you should certainly talk to the
    supplier or manufacturer of the cartridge. Show them the image and they should
    be able to diagnose the problem easily by measuring the distance between the
    repetitions of the fault on the paper (each roller in the cartridge and printer
    have different diameters and this is a standard diagnosis hint).
    Good luck
    Tony

    Tony,

    > If your toner cartridge reports 84% full then you should certainly talk to
    > the
    > supplier or manufacturer of the cartridge. Show them the image and they
    > should
    > be able to diagnose the problem easily by measuring the distance between
    > the
    > repetitions of the fault on the paper (each roller in the cartridge and
    > printer
    > have different diameters and this is a standard diagnosis hint).
    > Good luck
    > Tony

    Thanks Tony, I appreciate the info!

    Alan

Printers Hewlett Packard Laserjet Peripherals