Pages look bad on HP 2300, picture link enclosed, what nee..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
August 8, 2005 4:59:06 PM

Hi,

I have a HP LaserJet 2300 that has started having bad looking output. Here
is a picture of what it looks like (I printed a blank page and then scanned
it). Note the toner in the lower right part of the page. It starts out
more faint and then gets worse and worse towards the bottom. If I print a
second page, it looks just the same.

I've tried to run a cleaning page through it to clean the fuser, but this
did not help.

Here is a link to what it looks like:

http://home.earthlink.net/~alank2/output.jpg

Thanks for help and advice,

Alan
August 9, 2005 12:11:29 AM

"SA Development" <nospam38925@forme.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a HP LaserJet 2300 that has started having bad looking output. Here
>is a picture of what it looks like (I printed a blank page and then scanned
>it). Note the toner in the lower right part of the page. It starts out
>more faint and then gets worse and worse towards the bottom. If I print a
>second page, it looks just the same.
>
>I've tried to run a cleaning page through it to clean the fuser, but this
>did not help.
>
>Here is a link to what it looks like:
>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~alank2/output.jpg
>
>Thanks for help and advice,
>
>Alan
At first sight it looks like a toner cartridge problem, either the PCR or the
Magnetic sleeve in the cartridge. Have you replaced the toner cartridge?
Tony
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 9, 2005 12:13:59 AM

Hi Tony,

> At first sight it looks like a toner cartridge problem, either the PCR or
> the
> Magnetic sleeve in the cartridge. Have you replaced the toner cartridge?
> Tony

No, it says it still has 84% of its toner left. Should I contact HP to see
about a replacement?

Thanks for the help,

Alan
August 9, 2005 9:47:10 AM

"SA Development" <nospam38925@forme.com> wrote:
>Hi Tony,
>
>> At first sight it looks like a toner cartridge problem, either the PCR or
>> the
>> Magnetic sleeve in the cartridge. Have you replaced the toner cartridge?
>> Tony
>

>No, it says it still has 84% of its toner left. Should I contact HP to see
>about a replacement?
>
>Thanks for the help,
>
>Alan

Alan
If your toner cartridge reports 84% full then you should certainly talk to the
supplier or manufacturer of the cartridge. Show them the image and they should
be able to diagnose the problem easily by measuring the distance between the
repetitions of the fault on the paper (each roller in the cartridge and printer
have different diameters and this is a standard diagnosis hint).
Good luck
Tony
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 9, 2005 11:04:11 AM

Tony,

> If your toner cartridge reports 84% full then you should certainly talk to
> the
> supplier or manufacturer of the cartridge. Show them the image and they
> should
> be able to diagnose the problem easily by measuring the distance between
> the
> repetitions of the fault on the paper (each roller in the cartridge and
> printer
> have different diameters and this is a standard diagnosis hint).
> Good luck
> Tony

Thanks Tony, I appreciate the info!

Alan