can't play mpegs on pocket pc

January 9, 2005 6:59:51 PM

I can't get my Pocket PC to run mpegs.

I can get the mpegs to my Pocket PC, but I can't launch them from Windows
Explorer on the Pocket PC. This is true as synchronized from my Desktop PC,
or with various filename extensions.

It has Windows Media Player 9 for Pocket PC, but it won't accept my mpegs
into its playlist.

When I run Active Sync, it states that "conversion is happening," but I
can't access mpgs as a file type in Active Sync options.

Thanks!

More about : play mpegs pocket

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 10:11:31 PM

Hello,

WMP9 is not able to play .mpg files natively. You can do one of two
things...

1. Download Windows Media Encoder and convert the file to .wmv (Free
download from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmedia)
2. Download another media player such as PocketTV (http://www.pockettv.com
also free)

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

<none> wrote in message news:eIKVOdq9EHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I can't get my Pocket PC to run mpegs.
>
> I can get the mpegs to my Pocket PC, but I can't launch them from Windows
> Explorer on the Pocket PC. This is true as synchronized from my Desktop
> PC,
> or with various filename extensions.
>
> It has Windows Media Player 9 for Pocket PC, but it won't accept my mpegs
> into its playlist.
>
> When I run Active Sync, it states that "conversion is happening," but I
> can't access mpgs as a file type in Active Sync options.
>

> Thanks!

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:14:02 PM

If you can play the MPEGs on your main PC, you should be able to load
them into windows media player on the PC as a playlist, and then
choose the 'Sync' option - that will convert the MPEG to WMV for your
PPC, and copy it across.

HTH
Cheers - Neil

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:59:51 -0800, <none> wrote:

>I can't get my Pocket PC to run mpegs.
>
>I can get the mpegs to my Pocket PC, but I can't launch them from Windows
>Explorer on the Pocket PC. This is true as synchronized from my Desktop PC,
>or with various filename extensions.
>
>It has Windows Media Player 9 for Pocket PC, but it won't accept my mpegs
>into its playlist.
>
>When I run Active Sync, it states that "conversion is happening," but I
>can't access mpgs as a file type in Active Sync options.
>

>Thanks!

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:39:17 PM

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 19:11:31 -0600, Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot)
Com!) wrote:

8< snip >8
> 2. Download another media player such as PocketTV (http://www.pockettv.com
> also free)