donsvin

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
First of all, this ain't a overclocking question, but I'm pretty lost in here when it comes to posting my question the right place. Sorry about that, I'm new in here and I'm pretty desperate.

I've got this AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ @ 2008Mhz CPU, a GForce 7800 GT (256 MB RAM) (ForceWare-version 81.98) and some cheap 2048 MB RAM.

With 3DMark I got these results:3DMark score: 3722

SM2.0 score: 1495

HDR/SM3.0 score: 1476

CPU score: 1505
I wanted to compare my results with others' similar systems but I can't seem to get it right somehow...

To me my computer seems slow when I'm playing graphical high performance games, but am I wrong? My question is, why is my computer so slow? What can I do to make it faster?

Keep in mind, that I'm no computer geek, I'm quite inexperienced and naïve when it comes to computers... Just call me a noob... :wink:

Grated

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
Keep in mind that 3DMark06 standard tests @ resolution of 1280*1024 instead of previous versions @ 1024*768 . Seems pretty normal scores (I think)

how do your scores compare to other people with similar specs on ORB, the online results browser for PCmark / 3dmark, that should pretty much tell you if your hardware is behaving itself and peforming as it should be, and that is the only definition of slow that you should be using. Otherwise the question is should I upgrade, and the answer is if you want, yes and if you can afford to yes.

As you can see from the sig, my machine is slower than yours, don't get too concerned about people posting their big rigs.

danjal

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
my machine is about the same, except i'm running a x1800gto, sure i don't find mine slow at all, it guess it's in the eye of the beholder.. oh and i'm running Kingston Valu Ram 400mhz =)

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
If by "graphically intensive games" you mean oblivion, then yes, your computers slow, and so is everyone else's out there. Otherwise, everything looks good and don't worry about it. Might want to do a defrag and some system clean-up if your really worried, but otherwise things should be fine.

donsvin

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
Ok, thanks guys. I was pretty worried here bout having spend lots of money on worthless junk. Of course, I don't know much about computers, so I don't know what to expect...

But thanks for your answers!

/donsvin

morganrichh

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
Is you computer acting slow,seeing popups?..Free cleanup
female.jpg
female2.gif

Visit now

All in one
Protect yourself from fatal worms,viruses and spyware.Free
Your pc is probably
infected if you download
music online.
Scan your PC's
Processes, Memory
and System Registry
for hidden and dormant
Spyware, Adware, Trojans,
Dialers, worms and other
forms of Malware!

Are you tired of those
annoying popup ads?
With Spyware Remover
your internet experience
will be like new! No more
popup windows or ads!

Visit now

BrockSampson

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
No that isnt right, a moderator needs to take care of that. This is what advertising has come to... oh you wont pay attention to my ad? Ok ill just force it on you.

BrockSampson

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I just realized were ignoring the guys questions. Sorry about that. Make sure all of you drivers are up to date. I would think your 3DMark Score would be higher then that. I would also suggest checking all of your temps. You have a great computer... if anything I would say your CPU is your bottleneck maybe you should try overclocking it a little. Sorry I dont have better advice, but I dont have enough information about whats going on to give a more specific suggestion.

donsvin

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
No props, I didn't expect any more replies actually... :wink:
Thanks, but no thanks to the ads...

Thanks (the rest of you), I'd like all the feedback I can get. A friend of mine helped me get my graphics driver up-to-date, but I don't know what else I should do. I'm not any expert or even far from it, so... What other drivers should I pay attention to? I have no experience with clocking and I have no idea what to do about it.

What other info do you (Brock) need?