small managed switch HW recommendations?

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.sys.mac.comm (More info?)

I am looking for a small form factor managed ethernet switch (gig
uplink, no more than 8 ports max (10/100))
for a location where I have a very small space, and I need to
temporarily put 2 ports in separate VLANs.

Does anyone know if Cisco offers something like this? If not other
suggestions.

I saw this ES-2008-GTP from zyxel:

http://www.zyxel.com/product/model.php?indexcate=1051515293&indexcate1=1085450271

Or other manufacturers?

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.sys.mac.comm (More info?)

Hello, bosco!
You wrote on 10 Feb 2005 12:40:03 -0800:

b> I am looking for a small form factor managed ethernet switch (gig
b> uplink, no more than 8 ports max (10/100))
b> for a location where I have a very small space, and I need to
b> temporarily put 2 ports in separate VLANs.

2940

With best regards,
Andrey.

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.sys.mac.comm (More info?)

You may find the Cisco Product Advisor helpful:

http://tools.cisco.com/GCT/PCTPST/index.jsp

Catalyst 2940 Data Sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5213/products_data_sheet09186a00801973c8.html

Additionally, you may want to investigate the SecurityFocus
Vulnerabilities Archive for each vendor under consideration.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.sys.mac.comm (More info?)

In article <1108068003.390525.95340@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
bosco <boscobiscotti@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I am looking for a small form factor managed ethernet switch (gig
>uplink, no more than 8 ports max (10/100))
>for a location where I have a very small space, and I need to
>temporarily put 2 ports in separate VLANs.
>
>Does anyone know if Cisco offers something like this? If not other
>suggestions.
>
>I saw this ES-2008-GTP from zyxel:
>
>http://www.zyxel.com/product/model.php?indexcate=1051515293&indexcate1=1085450271
>
>Or other manufacturers?

I can't point to a particular current model but I'm partial to the
HP Procurve line.

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.sys.mac.comm (More info?)

thanks, me too. I have found them quite reliable, and love the lifetime
HW warranty.
Unfortunately, I find they have nothing which fits the bill.

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco,comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,comp.sys.mac.comm (More info?)

thanks. that looks like what I'm looking for!