Mid-level mobo? Can't seem to find one right for me help!

EvilLost

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
My current rigs dead, and it should have been long ago (Athlon XP 2000+) so its time to move on..

I'm pretty set on an e6300/6400 cpu and plan on OCing it, but I am having difficulty finding much info on any MBs aside from the few top ones (the gigabyte 1975x, the p5n, etc) which all run $250ish...a bit much for my price range.

Can anyone recommend any mid-level mobos that could still give me a fair amount of OC features (my first run at OCing, but I have a fair amount of knowhow) and preferably be SLI compatible (for the future).

In short, I'm tryin to keep everything in the $1000 range and have only decided on the 7900 GT KO ($250 at microcenter!) and most likely the 6300 for its sub-$200 pricetag and OC ability...but need a mb to work with it

any suggestions?

EvilLost

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
well yes, I didn't mean I'm looking for an uber budget board...but not a premium board either

since I posted that I've been browsing the forums and have stumbled across the gigabyte pq6 or ds3/4 which all seem like viable options in the $200max price range...tho I'd really like SLI and that doesn't seem to common...

EvilLost

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
tbh i've waited as long as I can, and my current machine is dead..and I mean that literally...

had my power supply go crazy a few days ago fried my USB ports, floppy, hdd...

I *need* a computer now :(

I was actually looking at the DS4 which seemed to be slightly improved over the DS3 and has 2 16x pci-e but NOONE SELLS IT!??

:(