Won't boot

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

System attempt to boot, reaches splash screen and resets.
I have tried to boot into safe mode, and the same thing
happens. I have tried to ghost the image to the server,
Ghost states that I should run chkdsk to correct errors
before running. File system is NTFS. Is there any way to
boot from a floppy and run chkdsk?

James

Not from a floppy, but from a Win2000 CD:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318752

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

"James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>System attempt to boot, reaches splash screen and resets.
>I have tried to boot into safe mode, and the same thing
>happens. I have tried to ghost the image to the server,
>Ghost states that I should run chkdsk to correct errors
>before running. File system is NTFS. Is there any way to
>boot from a floppy and run chkdsk?

Use the FIXBOOT command in the recovery console. Load
your setup disks, if you don't have any go to
www.allbootdisks.com and get them. Load those and choose
repair at the end then get to the C:\WINNT prompt then
type in LISTSVC and scroll down to see the services. when
you find it type FIXBOOT (drive or device)To find device
use the MAP command. For more help on Recovery Console go
to MS knowledge base articles # 229716. Good Luck!

Renee