Migrating Files to a new Pocket Pc

January 9, 2005 11:03:01 PM

How do I migrate files from a Jornada 568 to a Ipaq 4705. I have a new 4705
that I need to get the files from my 568.

More about : migrating files pocket

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:37:42 PM

Reply to message from "GEORGE TANNER" <gatpgt@worldnet.att.net> (Mon, 10
Jan 2005 04:03:01) about "Migrating Files to a new Pocket Pc":

> How do I migrate files from a Jornada 568 to a Ipaq 4705. I have a new
> 4705 that I need to get the files from my 568.

What kind of files are you talking about? Your PIM info can easily be
copied by synchronizing the Jornada to Outlook, and then sync your iPaq to
Outlook as well. You can also copy over your synchronized files by copying
the content of your synched files directory of the Jornada (a subfolder of
your My Documents folder) to the iPaq synched files folder. Other files can
be copied to a CF card that is read in the iPaq or by exploring the
connected Jornada, copying the info to your desktop and thwn connect your
iPaq and explore and paste there.

--
Marlof Bregonje, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices http://www.windowsmobile.com
!