NTFS for big backup?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 14, 2004 4:41:38 PM

Hi,

I am thinking about converting a partition to NTFS on a
new hard drive.

My questions are

1. I will use the windows backup utility. Is this OK?
2. Can I backup a 15 GB FAT 32 partition to the new NTFS
partition?
3. Should I convert my Operating system partition from
FAT32 to NTFS or can I leave that alone?

More about : ntfs big backup

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 2:09:24 AM

Big Joe

1. Yes. You won't hit the 4GB file size limit that FAT32 has.

2. Yes. It'll be one big file.

3. You can leave it alone, if you prefer. If you convert to NTFS, a
recommendation is to apply default permissions to the volume. This MS
Knowledge Base article explains how:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=237399

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

!