NTFS 3.0 corrupting ability to use NTWKST 4.0 chkdsk ...

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 14, 2004 8:17:57 PM

NTFS "CHKDSK" for NT v4.0 (server/wkst) disabled and unable to run ...

MS should be required by law to supply a corrective fix due to the next
fact: they PURPOSELY and INTENTIONALLY deny the consumer the right to fix
their computers. This is a KNOWN problem where MS refuses to fix the
problem in a timely manor.

This BAD joke starts with NTFS 3.0/3.1 and the refusal to include any
patches or updates for CHKDSK to run under NT 4.0 and check newer NTFS
volumes.(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196707)

Initially installing Windows 2000 in a SEPARATE partition leaves existing NT
partitions UNTOUCHED. While installing SERVICE PACKS, MS feels they have
the right to corrupt NT SERVER/WORKSTATION NTFS partitions with a newer
version of NTFS which effectivly disables CHKDSK for NT v4 to properly check
it's ROOT volume. CHKDSK refuses to operate leaving the owner/user of the
NT v4 NTFS partition at the mercy of another OS to fix the filesystem. When
the NEWER OS (W2K) fails to startup for any reason, there is NO WAY to fix
the NT v4 partition which MS has put a CHOKE HOLD on users to keep the other
OS no matter what. This is called the ***DIRT BAG MANEUVER***. The CHKDSK
from W2K designed to repair NTFS v3.0 refuses to run under the older and
capable NT v4.0 OS. This is totally unacceptable. This is another leverage
tool to force users to upgrade!! Hmmm - wonder what happens after this
appears in court as it already has several times before - ANTI-TRUST suits
are working daily.

After several months of searching for a fix short of breaking down W2K
CHKDSK and forcing it to run under NT v4 (any flavor SP) - no fix has been
found. I expect to find a CHKDSK for NT v4 as a copy of this note is being
forwarded to the attorney general's office in care of the us attorneys in
charge of the anti-trust suit. $99 for a stupid email support question?
Yah, when Gates gets on his hands and knees to service the STICK. I always
wonder HOW MUCH MONEY IS ENOUGH? Gates stole DOS from one job, sold it to
IBM and became something - SEE?!?! CRIME DOES PAY!!

It is time MS gets off their collective FAT ASSES and makes available a
CHKDSK that works for those using NT v4

**OR**

MS MUST quit screwing around with NTFS partitions, produce a FIX to restore
NTFS partitions so NT v4 CAN fix itself.

Allow the USER to decide what is best for them as most that use NT *DO* know
what is BEST for them.

Service packs are NOT to change NTFS partition versions - regardless what MS
thinks is better because they obviously DO NOT know what is best!! If there
were any "INSIGHT" - it would be EASY to find a CHKDSK for NT v4.0 that
works for the newer NTFS VERSION(s).

Most people are sheep and MS sheep herders have 50KV stingers. God forbid
some people are different and prefer the freedom of choice.

MS is NOT the best to decide what is BEST for the user, as this is written
to remind them they ARE NOT "GOD"! MS is a parasite worthy of recognition
in the history books as a cancer.

Don't bother TRYING to email me - scum bag email bombers can kiss my ass.

BoneHead
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 8:17:58 PM

You have a point, but wrapping it up in the vitriol is
not really going to endear many to try an answer.

I could say, well if you read the release notes of the
Service Pack you would have been aware of the changes
that it would make to NTFS.

Perhaps your employer should sue you if your responsible
for installing the Service Pack, for what is, at best,
incompetence or worst, criminal negligence.

Or I could be helpful, but.....

Regards
Arthur Fatt

!