Default tree display in Explorer

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

How can I change the Default tree display so my c: drive
is expanded in Explorer in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Steve

Create a shortcut to start Explorer, right click and select Properties, go
to the Shortcut page and edit the Target to:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, "X:\path"

where X:\path is the drive letter and path you want automatically opened.

Also, see this MS Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=152457

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How can I change the Default tree display so my c: drive
>is expanded in Explorer in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Thank you Bjorn!