Ohh please help me.

Mekburger

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
Ok I made the jumped over to a new core 2 setup, but I'm having trouble getting the pc to boot.

Here is the setup.

MSI 975X Platinum Socket T (LGA 775
E6600 Conroe
OCZ Platinum 2GB
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XTX
Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550
NEC 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10

I installed all the parts, all the plugins are secure and tight. When I power the pc up all the fans spin the harddrive fires up, but nothing else. I get no video at all, the monitor does not display anything. The pc will run for about 4-5 seconds and then power off. After about 3-4 more seconds the pc will power back on an it just goes in a cycle, off then on off then on.

I have resat the cpu a couple of times, using ac5. The hsf is snug and appears to have a good connection with the cpu. I have tried 1 stick of ram, a different video card (pci-e and a pci). I have also taken the board out of the case but still get the same results.

Please help me out I know it has to be something I have done wrong or forgot to do, but I just cannot think of anything else to try.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Does the mobo support Core 2 Duo? Lemme check.

Nope, the regular one doesn't. The new platinum one does, the V.2 or "Power-up edition"

If you have the first one, your flat out of luck. If you have the second one, then try to flash the bios...

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
1. take all components outside the case
2. On the mainboard, put those components: graphics card, CPU, cooler and 1 memory module.
3. connect the psu to the mainboard
4. using any metal make a contact on the power switch pins and try to enter BIOS

if this is successfull, than add the rest of the harware, component by component to determinate which component is causing the problem.

Mekburger

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005
Ok here is an update. I got a stick of memory from a friend and bingo it boots and I can get into the BIOS.

I have uped the ram voltage a little at a time, all the way to 2.1v and it still will not take the new ram. Is the ram just not going to work or is there something else I need to do?