Lan socket on computer?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Does the Lan socket on my computer mean that my computer has Ethernet.
The motherboard manual says it has a Build-in RTL8100L Chipset
(On-Board LAN).

Regards Brian

phoenix

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:40:20 +1300, Brian wrote:

> Does the Lan socket on my computer mean that my computer has Ethernet.

Yes.

Regards

Bill

Brian wrote:
> Does the Lan socket on my computer mean that my computer has Ethernet.
> The motherboard manual says it has a Build-in RTL8100L Chipset
> (On-Board LAN).
>
> Regards Brian
If you can take a look at back of the motherboard, look for an
over-sized phone jack. That would be the Ethernet port. :)

-mike