Ipaq, Mips, Strongarm

January 10, 2005 5:03:57 PM

Hi,

If an application asks what device you are installing to between the above -
what is MIPS & Strongarm & how do I know? I have an O2 XDA II.

Thanks in advance

More about : ipaq mips strongarm

January 10, 2005 5:03:58 PM

K wrote:
> If an application asks what device you are installing to between the
> above - what is MIPS & Strongarm & how do I know? I have an O2 XDA II

This device has an Intel XScale PXA263, 400 MHz = XScale = ARM, for your
purposes.

Ipaq is the line of PocketPCs manufactured under the HP label, MIPS
another sort of CPU you're unlikely to encounter.
..
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:03:58 PM

O2 Xda II is using Intel XScale 400 MHz, PXA263
(http://www.o2.co.uk/productsservices/xda2/0,,174,00.htm...), which is ARM
processor (http://www.intel.com/).

--
Email: developer@jointsense.com.hk
Homepage: http://www.jointsense.com.hk/

"K" <admin@giftsabroad.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If an application asks what device you are installing to between the
> above -
> what is MIPS & Strongarm & how do I know? I have an O2 XDA II.
>
> Thanks in advance

January 10, 2005 5:03:58 PM

ARM is the only kind of processor being used for the PocketPC Platform since
PPC2002. There are different makers of ARM processors, like Intel and
Samsung, but they are all ARM compatible.

MIPS and SH3 are still alive in the world of Windows CE devices that are not
Pocket PCs. But in the Pocket PC world they are history, from the time of
the old PPC2000 devices from Casio and HP.

Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Editor-in-Chief
Pocket PC Freak - The Hebrew Pocket PC site
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
"K" <admin@giftsabroad.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If an application asks what device you are installing to between the
> above -
> what is MIPS & Strongarm & how do I know? I have an O2 XDA II.
>
> Thanks in advance

January 11, 2005 4:30:21 PM

Sensational - Thanks all.