File Summary Property .dll

I am using LabVIEW 7 to log data into various datafiles. I want to modify the
file summary properties from within LabVIEW to be able to sort the datafiles
more easily. For example, I'd like to add something to the comment field
under File->Properties->Summary, but programmatically within LabVIEW. To do
this I need to be able to access a .dll file with functions to modify these
file parameters. After several hours of searching I have found windows
application specific commands in visual basic. For example, there are VB
commands specifically written for Word-files to change these file properties.

Does anyone know of a DLL file with these type of commands applicable to all
files?

Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about file summary property

    You could start by looking at this link:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/stg/stg/the_summary_information_property_set.asp

    Carl

    "Martin Orphanides" <Martin Orphanides@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:4AA196AC-20E9-4AC2-9CE5-E60C94A86E85@microsoft.com...
    > I am using LabVIEW 7 to log data into various datafiles. I want to modify
    the
    > file summary properties from within LabVIEW to be able to sort the
    datafiles
    > more easily. For example, I'd like to add something to the comment field
    > under File->Properties->Summary, but programmatically within LabVIEW. To
    do
    > this I need to be able to access a .dll file with functions to modify
    these
    > file parameters. After several hours of searching I have found windows
    > application specific commands in visual basic. For example, there are VB
    > commands specifically written for Word-files to change these file
    properties.

    > Does anyone know of a DLL file with these type of commands applicable to
    all
    > files?
    >
    > Thank you.
  2. Hi Martin Orphanides,
    Did you have got some solution to change the Windows File Summary within labview?

    Thank you

    Fred

    Quote:

    You could start by looking at this link:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/stg/stg/the_summary_information_property_set.asp

    Carl

    "Martin Orphanides" <Martin Orphanides@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:4AA196AC-20E9-4AC2-9CE5-E60C94A86E85@microsoft.com...
    > I am using LabVIEW 7 to log data into various datafiles. I want to modify
    the
    > file summary properties from within LabVIEW to be able to sort the
    datafiles
    > more easily. For example, I'd like to add something to the comment field
    > under File->Properties->Summary, but programmatically within LabVIEW. To
    do
    > this I need to be able to access a .dll file with functions to modify
    these
    > file parameters. After several hours of searching I have found windows
    > application specific commands in visual basic. For example, there are VB
    > commands specifically written for Word-files to change these file
    properties.

    > Does anyone know of a DLL file with these type of commands applicable to
    all
    > files?
    >
    > Thank you.

File System DLL Windows