File Summary Property .dll

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 17, 2004 11:39:01 AM

I am using LabVIEW 7 to log data into various datafiles. I want to modify the
file summary properties from within LabVIEW to be able to sort the datafiles
more easily. For example, I'd like to add something to the comment field
under File->Properties->Summary, but programmatically within LabVIEW. To do
this I need to be able to access a .dll file with functions to modify these
file parameters. After several hours of searching I have found windows
application specific commands in visual basic. For example, there are VB
commands specifically written for Word-files to change these file properties.

Does anyone know of a DLL file with these type of commands applicable to all
files?

Thank you.
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 12:38:06 PM

You could start by looking at this link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

Carl

"Martin Orphanides" <Martin Orphanides@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4AA196AC-20E9-4AC2-9CE5-E60C94A86E85@microsoft.com...
> I am using LabVIEW 7 to log data into various datafiles. I want to modify
the
> file summary properties from within LabVIEW to be able to sort the
datafiles
> more easily. For example, I'd like to add something to the comment field
> under File->Properties->Summary, but programmatically within LabVIEW. To
do
> this I need to be able to access a .dll file with functions to modify
these
> file parameters. After several hours of searching I have found windows
> application specific commands in visual basic. For example, there are VB
> commands specifically written for Word-files to change these file
properties.

> Does anyone know of a DLL file with these type of commands applicable to
all
> files?
>
> Thank you.
March 16, 2012 10:44:49 AM

Hi Martin Orphanides,
Did you have got some solution to change the Windows File Summary within labview?

Thank you

Fred

Quote:

!