How to sync Pocket Access?

January 9, 2005 11:55:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.handheldpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

How do I setup a two way sync between Pocket Access and desktop Access?
I placed my database in my sync folder and nothing happens. I want the
sync to be two way between the CE machine and the laptop.

PPC users I apoligize if you do not have Pocket Access and I was not
aware of it. If this is use, ignore this message.

John

More about : sync pocket access

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:16:44 PM

Within Microsoft ActiveSync
Tools > Import Database Tables

You will need a single-column primary key for each table you want to
synchronize.

--
Email: developer@jointsense.com.hk
Homepage: http://www.jointsense.com.hk/

"John" <johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do I setup a two way sync between Pocket Access and desktop Access?
> I placed my database in my sync folder and nothing happens. I want the
> sync to be two way between the CE machine and the laptop.
>
> PPC users I apoligize if you do not have Pocket Access and I was not
> aware of it. If this is use, ignore this message.
>

> John
January 10, 2005 5:16:45 PM

In article <O$eZKwt9EHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
"Joint_Sense" <developer@jointsense.com.hk> wrote:

> Within Microsoft ActiveSync
> Tools > Import Database Tables
>
> You will need a single-column primary key for each table you want to
> synchronize.

Yes but that assumes that the database was created on the laptop, when
it was created on the HPC?

John
January 11, 2005 2:24:11 PM

You will need to create an index called "PrimaryKey" for one field in each
table.
Then, open Microsoft ActiveSync on the PC
File > Explorer > Select .cdb file > Copy
Paste to a folder on your PC

You will need to change primary keys within Microsoft Access on the PC

--

> In article <O$eZKwt9EHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
> "Joint_Sense" <developer@jointsense.com.hk> wrote:
>
>> Within Microsoft ActiveSync
>> Tools > Import Database Tables
>>
>> You will need a single-column primary key for each table you want to
>> synchronize.
>
> Yes but that assumes that the database was created on the laptop, when
> it was created on the HPC?
>

> John
January 11, 2005 2:24:12 PM

Will do, thanks. Bye the way do PPC users have Pocket Access?

In article <uJeac049EHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
"Joint_Sense" <developer@jointsense.com.hk> wrote:

> You will need to create an index called "PrimaryKey" for one field in each
> table.
> Then, open Microsoft ActiveSync on the PC
> File > Explorer > Select .cdb file > Copy
> Paste to a folder on your PC
>
> You will need to change primary keys within Microsoft Access on the PC
--
http://johnw.freeshell.org/bible/index.htm
Anonymous

Unfortunately, they don't. That's one good thing about HPC.

--

!